$52,000 Intel Mac Pro said to be worth only $970

This is a sore point on Mac forums....:cautious:
Apple's trade-in prices for higher end machines is ludicrous, as seen in the link.

Considering they will probably resell it on the refurb store for $40k.

This is one reason why I keep all my tech, what you can get in resale is not worth bothering with.

This is a sore point on Mac forums....:cautious:
Apple's trade-in prices for higher end machines is ludicrous, as seen in the link.

Considering they will probably resell it on the refurb store for $40k.

This is one reason why I keep all my tech, what you can get in resale is not worth bothering with.
Well @Markc , if the prices during the ensuing tech crash fall a lot, I'm interested in buying the last of those Intel Mac Pros.

There've been too many complaints about these silicon macs to make them viable yet. Apple made a mistake by cutting off access to Intel, AMD & NVIDIA in their new models. Apple should have made an M1 card for the 2019 Mac pro or an intel card for some of its higher end silicon models.

They still need Intel based PCs to run many high end graphics programs including Lightwave properly.

Mac is never worth it. (imo)

View attachment 154924

If the Mac can run Windows, Mac OS & Linux natively on one machine (and well at a decent speed without crashing often) then perhaps it's worth it. Because that's essentially like getting 3 different computers for the price of 1. Thats what the Ibtel Macs could do.

However I wouldnt buy these new silicon macs because they dont natively support windows linux or related gpus. You just get 1 pc that supports mac only. Well many programs arent even written in mac os so seems very limited & apple pcs have only 10% of the markwt at most. Maybe just 1 or 2% of the 3D market? Thats a real dead end.

3 different computers for the price of 1. Thats what the Intel Macs could do.
yes, in that case, it is alright i guess.
for most users, not so much.

i think the OS is alright tho'

If the Mac can run Windows, Mac OS & Linux natively on one machine (and well at a decent speed without crashing often) then perhaps it's worth it. Because that's essentially like getting 3 different computers for the price of 1. Thats what the Ibtel Macs could do.

However I wouldnt buy these new silicon macs because they dont natively support windows linux or related gpus. You just get 1 pc that supports mac only. Well many programs arent even written in mac os so seems very limited & apple pcs have only 10% of the markwt at most. Maybe just 1 or 2% of the 3D market? Thats a real dead end.

Not to split hairs, but PCs can and have run Windows, MacOS, and Linux natively. The hardware is all the same.

It just wasn't legal to build and sell off-the-shelf PCs with MacOS installed.

There have been at least three different outfits that sold PC builds running the MacOS before they were sued out of existence.

If the Mac can run Windows, Mac OS & Linux natively on one machine (and well at a decent speed without crashing often) then perhaps it's worth it. Because that's essentially like getting 3 different computers for the price of 1...
That's essentially like getting 3 different operating systems to maintain (and applications to license & patch) for the price of 1. :)

That's essentially like getting 3 different operating systems to maintain (and applications to license & patch) for the price of 1. :)
Some companies provide you with mac linux & windows for 1 price. so that allows you to choose the best version.

Ironically Windows 10 actually seems more stable than mac OS ....on an apple/mac computer. At least the Windows via bootcamp hardly ever crashes. Windows 7 is even better on Mac except that newer software isnt compatible with it.

The trouble with Apple is there are far too many os releases. Windows is much more sensible. 1 release every 5 to 6 years with patches or updates every so often so the software and hardware developers in turn are able to keep up & deliver better support and products. At least up until now theyve had a stable roadmap.

The people who run Apple are wacko and I say this as an Mac end user.

Last edited:
Back