3Play Stops Recording

jhsaeger

I've experienced this on two different 3Plays (3P2 and 3P1) in the span of a month:
- 3Play shows that it is still recording, but locks up and only shows the live channel
- No rewinding
- Doesn't export any saved clips
- Shows "delayed record" when rewinding
- Issue recurs after I hit stop record and try to record again

I've tried: defragging from 3Play utilities and the drive itself, restarting the machine, new sessions, cleaning out any old game files, any media, etc.... still have the same problem. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Are your sources SDI or NDI? If they are NDI, what is creating the NDI signal? I have heard of a few rare cases, where an NDI transmitter can send out a corrupted frame (causing issues), often making sure the 3Play and the NDI transmitter firmware are updated will resolve an issue like this.

I have been having a similar issue, where my 3P2 only stops recording Input-4 (HD-SDI from a GhostEyes wireless receiver). Again, it's only the one input and only after 2-hours of recording. It may also coincide with the transmitter powering down, though it's always at or near the 2-hour mark. I've been using that source for years and never had this issue on our old 3Play425.

NewTek/Vizrt 3Play 3P2
Build: 8-1-230712
NDI Version: 5.5.4.0

Any ideas???

Back