3Play 425 Won't Turn On

Hagbard_Celine

Hi there. I was given a "broken" 425 and was able to take it apart and fix it by replacing the power supply. After a few months of sitting, I now can't get it to turn on at all. The USB keyboard/mouse light up when the 425 is plugged in, so at least I know there is power, but the switch does nothing. The fans don't even twitch, it just does nothing. Any ideas?

Try replacing the CMOS battery.

Yes, that worked to get it to start booting. Now it freezes while the small Newtek animation is on the screen. I decided to restore the system partition. It went though its process, and booted up seemingly okay. I left it sitting in windows while I went to get the thumb drive with the updated version of 3Play software on it, but then when I came back, windows was frozen. (No mouse wiggle, nothing). I had to hold down the power button until it shut off.

So I am now trying to figure out what exactly I should do. Restore the partition again? Every reboot it hangs sometime during the bootup before Windows loads. Thanks!

Well, through more experimentation, I was able to get it to boot consistently by unmounting the second drive. That drive must be corrupted or something. Going to replace it.

That same thing happened to me. I replaced the drive and walla! But now my 425 won't boot up. I replaced the CMOS CR2032 battery and it still won't boot Last time i used it it was fine. All the internal lights seem to be doing their thing but nothing appears on my desktop monitor. I tried two different ones.

Back