3Play 425 Continuing Issues

Hagbard_Celine

I have a really well-loved 3Play 425. I talked about my issue in a previous post, but I'm going to explain what happened again.

I was in the middle of a game. The interface froze. I still saw disk activity flickers on the light on the front, but I had to hold the switch down to shut the 3Play down and restart it. From that point forward, I could only get the machine to boot with the front drive popped out. I finished the event with 2 channels.

I decided to replace all the drives and re-image the machine using the backup process. I was able to do this, and the first time it started up after the re-image it worked perfectly. I hooked up a couple cameras to it and let it record for a couple hours and it seemed fine.

The next time I tried to boot it, I had the same issue. The machine would start to boot and then freeze on boot unless I pulled out the front drive. This happens now intermittently. Sometimes it boots and both drives are there and it works perfectly, sometimes it freezes unless I pull the front drive.

I'd like to try to do a couple things:

I'd like to replace the disk cabling: What cables do I need? Normal SATA cables? Or something else?
Maximizing system RAM: (Not related to issues, but still want to do) what ram sticks do I need? Since the current sticks are zip-tied in, I can't quite see the full model numbers.

Can't really afford a newer model or I'd just upgrade.

Thanks!

I have a really well-loved 3Play 425. I talked about my issue in a previous post, but I'm going to explain what happened again.

I was in the middle of a game. The interface froze. I still saw disk activity flickers on the light on the front, but I had to hold the switch down to shut the 3Play down and restart it. From that point forward, I could only get the machine to boot with the front drive popped out. I finished the event with 2 channels.

I decided to replace all the drives and re-image the machine using the backup process. I was able to do this, and the first time it started up after the re-image it worked perfectly. I hooked up a couple cameras to it and let it record for a couple hours and it seemed fine.

The next time I tried to boot it, I had the same issue. The machine would start to boot and then freeze on boot unless I pulled out the front drive. This happens now intermittently. Sometimes it boots and both drives are there and it works perfectly, sometimes it freezes unless I pull the front drive.

I'd like to try to do a couple things:

I'd like to replace the disk cabling: What cables do I need? Normal SATA cables? Or something else?
Maximizing system RAM: (Not related to issues, but still want to do) what ram sticks do I need? Since the current sticks are zip-tied in, I can't quite see the full model numbers.

Can't really afford a newer model or I'd just upgrade.

Thanks!
Hello, what motherboard is your 3play mounted on?

Back