3P-2 Best Practices for 8 Chnls?

edtrbob

What are folks doing as far as external drives and workflow when using all eight channels on the 3P-2?

Do you mean for backup of data or exporting clip information?
Hello Kane - always good to chat with you, hope all is well after NAB!
Work Flow: Live pilot for a network show this weekend. Bringing in eight NDI feeds from independent stream via PC, into the 3P-2. Record all eight feeds, clip big chucks and play them out over NDI (or export playlists) to the TC2 Elite.
The installed single drive in the 3P-2 doesn't keep up with a ten-channel production (didn't expect it to). I'm plugging in four 2-TB SSD's rated at 1000MBS each via USB to see if that supports the flow.
Wondering if anyone else has experience pushing the 3P-2 this far and what worked for them.
Thanks!

The internal storage on 3P2 is RAID (five SSD's striped) and will keep up with all 8 channels of recording (there aren't 10 channels of recording, but 8 recording inputs and 2 playback output for the 10 channels).

I'm personally not a fan of USB storage for long format recording. Despite the specs, USB storage never seem to keep up.

I've tried using 3PLAY with network storage (and NRS system). It worked, but there was a delay when you would start playback.

Last edited:
Back