Xpanel envelopes

darkChief

I'm having trouble accessing envelopes. Using an interface outside a handler. All the envelope examples are used inside a handler.

When I use LWXP_FORM (with an envelope control) the panel crashe's lw. If I use LWXP_VIEW with the set and get functions the controls are disabled. The get and set controls never get called.

creacon

creacon
I remember having the same problem, I'll look it up.

I'm having trouble accessing envelopes. Using an interface outside a handler. All the envelope examples are used inside a handler.

When I use LWXP_FORM (with an envelope control) the panel crashe's lw. If I use LWXP_VIEW with the set and get functions the controls are disabled. The get and set controls never get called.

creacon

creacon
I'll have to check tomorrow, what I can tell you already is that I am using an LWXP_VIEW, the Callbacks get called and I am using envelopes.

creacon

creacon

creacon
I don't understand what you're asking. All plugins are handlers. An Xpanel is the UI (or part of the UI) of these handlers.
Can you explain where (outside of a plugin) you would want to use a UI?

creacon

Thanks. Can you use them outside a handler?

darkChief

I don't like putting my ui codes in handlers because I use singletons to centralise my code. So I rarely use userdata.

My ui code goes into LayoutGeneric (not a handler right?), this has worked well in isolating frontend from backend.

So let me rephrase, can you them in LayoutGeneric?

creacon

creacon
Ah I see, it seems I have only used Handlers in my plugins.
How are you building your panel, by passing a hint?

I don't like putting my ui codes in handlers because I use singletons to centralise my code. So I rarely use userdata.

My ui code goes into LayoutGeneric (not a handler right?), this has worked well in isolating frontend from backend.

So let me rephrase, can you them in LayoutGeneric?

darkChief

Okay got this working in a LayoutGeneric. I wasn't setting things up correctly. You can create your own channel group, no dependence on an item.

Top Bottom