Attachments

• torso_47_newbump.jpg
    torso_47_newbump.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 804

stoehr

fletch said:
Hi stoehr,

Could you tell us how you did it in Aura? I own Aura 2.5b and LW 7.5b

Sure, I'll have a tutorial online in about week or so.
I still have the same problems most other people are having. I have found it best to run modeler and Aura at the same time, then shut them down when I want a test render. So far, I've found Layout crashes and I lose the connection between Aura and Lightwave, if Layout and Aura are open at the same time.

Perhaps Newtek will address the Hub/config issues.

Attachments

• torso_49_newbump.jpg
    torso_49_newbump.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 772

stoehr

thanks Leigh!
Between Aura and UVEdit Pro, my texturing time has gone down. So I'm able to spend more time tweaking and getting it just right.

stoehr

Another update, the back of the troll.

I'll touch up the seams and any stretching tomorrow.

Attachments

• torso_53.jpg
    torso_53.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 673

stoehr

Here's another one to compare lighting differences. Just so I can see what the light will do to the texture.

Attachments

• frontandback.jpg
    frontandback.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 696

stoehr

Ok, so I need to take some time unwrapping a couple more parts of his body. In the meantime, is there any comments/critiques you guys would like to make about the painting? Hit me with anything you've got, I can take it!

stoehr

SBowie said:
Uughh, that's awful! Nice work... never mind that I can't sleep now. :p

Thanks SBowie, I'm working on the tutorial. There are still some config issues with the hub, but I am able to get a smooth running operation here. So far I've learned to keep Layout closed while working with Modeler and Aura, or else my object file may never come back. I do hope this Hub/config problem will resolved in a timely fashion.

stoehr

Are you people interested in a tutorial that's just about Lightwave, Aura, and how I use the two together? OR, do you want a tutorial on Lightwave, Aura and how I use the two together while painting my Troll character?

The first choice can be relatively short and to the point. The second choice can be more long winded.

fletch

stoehr said:
Are you people interested in a tutorial that's just about Lightwave, Aura, and how I use the two together? OR, do you want a tutorial on Lightwave, Aura and how I use the two together while painting my Troll character?

The first choice can be relatively short and to the point. The second choice can be more long winded.

I'm being greedy, how about both. lol :D

stoehr

fletch said:
I'm being greedy, how about both. lol :D

Ok! I'll pull something together. I went to the local Newtek dealer exhibition (in Sacramento) and I learned a couple of new tricks with Aura, so I'll talk about them too.

MikeFrHoweTx

Your web site is the most amazing integration of LW-Aura-FlashMX_components and ActionScript I’ve ever seen Professor Stoehr. I look forward to your LW and Aura tutorial. However I would like to see a tutorial of you Flash site creation. Did your students set up your site or is that your programming? Your work will give me a reason to buy the LW8-Aura3 (if it is reasonable) as I’m using LW6 now and it is minor for a software programmer with Fireworks/PS. Newtek really needs to place your tutorial in its tutorial section and send a link to Macromedia as frequently “GOOD” StudioMX developer articles get hosted on their site (and would give the Huge *MX community a reason to buy LW/Aura)!
Great! Great work Mike

stoehr

MikeFrHoweTx said:
Your web site is the most amazing integration of LW-Aura-FlashMX_components and ActionScript I’ve ever seen Professor Stoehr. I look forward to your LW and Aura tutorial. However I would like to see a tutorial of you Flash site creation. Did your students set up your site or is that your programming? Your work will give me a reason to buy the LW8-Aura3 (if it is reasonable) as I’m using LW6 now and it is minor for a software programmer with Fireworks/PS. Newtek really needs to place your tutorial in its tutorial section and send a link to Macromedia as frequently “GOOD” StudioMX developer articles get hosted on their site (and would give the Huge *MX community a reason to buy LW/Aura)!
Great! Great work Mike

Cool. I'm glad you liked it. Stay tuned for more stuff...

Top Bottom