Will you upgrade/buy when/if Lightwave 2021 comes out?

Will you upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Probably

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetGerbil

I wonder if Steve's got anything important on his mind ? Like his house burning down or losing all his possesion's ? Maybe we should tell him that people are wrong on the internet ? I'm sure he would be fascinated. !

prometheus

REBORN
..let me correct you. It's NOT everywhere and only guys who THINK they're smart.

Seems you are an extremely smart guy, able to judge all that, who is smart and not.

Oh..too much babbling now here, but if you sersiously think a brilliant mind isn´t capable of faults, including bad behaviour, childish beahaviour, think again..even the smartest one can behave like a child when the circumstances are there, then try to think twice at least about it..it´s been full of it in history, still is...even I can show that behaviour..just as well as you can and perhaps, perhaps this latest post is a good demonstration of that as well, it´s not so much about smartness or being adult..not if it hits a nerv.

Then there are those who are so inclined to use that kind of language to demean the others, with nothing else behind it than to try and enforce an perception of this guy is nut, silly etc...perhaps that makes them feel good about themself, it´s the ol bully kind of nature that dwells inside it seems.

But believe whatever you want to, then again..I can´t see why I should Ever listen to one trying to correct me, when the very engagement from you to try and show a good correctment is at a similar level to teenage babling, which you so well know about.( then you can think of if that is truly the case, or if I try to demean you in the same fashion as mentioned above)

If you were tp adapt an adult point of view about it, perhaps you should have been content with what you said about teenager and not respond to me in the same fashion ..to be that Adult that corrects how things are.

It´s just pure ridiculous nonsense due to your emotions bein fed up with me, but other than that, it carries absolutely nothing of value to a debate of wether I or others are being trolls or dysfunctional to this community.

The pattern is repeating itself, this should be fuuun, an ever growing babble of who´s the adult, who´s the troll...it sure beats talking about blender or lightwave does´nt it?
I am sure we can sustain the forum with babbling about this till the next eventual lightwave release.

It started with someone labeling it a dysfunctional forum ever, then answers to that, then someone labeling it a teenage babbling, then on to some further ellaborations on that..o yeah, this should be fuuun.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
I wonder if Steve's got anything important on his mind ? Like his house burning down or losing all his possesion's ? Maybe we should tell him that people are wrong on the internet ? I'm sure he would be fascinated. !

:)

Well don´t think he´s fascinated, just going..sigh, here we go again..and just being fed up with it.
But I think he may not be able to moderate as often right now, due to that fire and all.
I sent him a report, since I can´t find a report button for the posts, so he can take it from there and analyze wrong doings, or attacks or whatever is out of the rules for the forums etc, so you don´t have to tell him people are "wrong" and whatever that now pertains.

He will sooner or later be aware of it and check the threads for wrongdoings etc.

The focus has at least shifted from debates about blender, to have focus around trolls, dysfunctional community, spamming and mockery, not sure that is of more value than actually debating shortcomings of a tools, and what could be improved etc..but I am sure many do not want that detailed discussion..rather just continue with the latter, that way they could pretend they have control over the thread so it doesn´t talk about blender, or have those ever mentioning the word blender to feel awkward in the threads etc.

Last edited:

wingzeta

An analogy by itself no matter how it is choosen isn´t the way to go, it really has to have relevance..despite if you choose a simplified one.

This is pure nonsense, this must be what you make up in your own mind, it surely isn´t not anything I can relate to being slightly true, I am human..I can make invalid cases as well, but unless someone is presenting something to showcase that..why would I ever commit to agree to my standings being invalid?
don´t put your ideas on how to how my mind is working or what my thoughts are, cause it´s just your delusions of how my mind works, and again..am am of course subject to making invalid comments just as anyone else.

Same with the nonsense of you accusing me of bringing the blender forum over here, just because I am more comfortable here, what on earth is that kind of nonsense rambling, this is for you obviously an excercise in argumenting techniques though it just flips in to a completel backward volt
as highly unlogical, then I wouldn´t take about blender positives would I, but continue with the praise of Lightwave I had there wouldn´t I ?

go back to post 203 here and check that extraction I made, where I answered those who felt lightwave was being dead.

Did you read my posts at blender forum, don´t bring that last paragraph in to this debate, I have never spoken about lightwave as being dead, nothing but defending Lightwave over there.

go there, read up before you come to these weird conclusions, get back with a better understanding of my intents, and not what you think.

This above, it´s not you who set´s the rule, nor I, those can be found in the forum rules and what moderators have said previously, what I talk about is according to me following the forum rules, moderators have made much of that clear as well, if not..point to where it would be out of order, not just saying I am not abeying to the rules.

Seems you don´t have much of an idea of what the forum is about either if you set your own rule to not allowing discussing other software on a per case basis where it´s not a promotion.

I can only see these latest comments as you seem to have fallen in to an urge of making your case in argumentation, while it suffers any supporting bone to the flesh of your case, as having anything to do with what we are actually writing about in terms of why not upgrading or why to upgrade, and the technical matters around it all.
Self awareness level set to zero and locked in, with cement. I can see by your posts, you are having a tough time. Don't worry you are never wrong about anything. It's just everyone else that doesn't get it. :LOL:

In seriousness, I do appreciate your contribution to LW knowledge on these forums. I don't think you are a troll. You just aren't aware when extraneous blender help is not requested or needed on a Lightwave forum. You can't help yourself. I'm the same way with cookies. If they were in the house all the time, I would get fat. So I don't keep them around all the time. Maybe take a walk outside and get some air, or watch a movie or show. The Expanse is pretty good if you haven't seen it.

prometheus

REBORN
Self awareness level set to zero and locked in, with cement. I can see by your posts, you are having a tough time. Don't worry you are never wrong about anything. It's just everyone else that doesn't get it. :LOL:

In seriousness, I do appreciate your contribution to LW knowledge on these forums. I don't think you are a troll. You just aren't aware when extraneous blender help is not requested or needed on a Lightwave forum. You can't help yourself. I'm the same way with cookies. If they were in the house all the time, I would get fat. So I don't keep them around all the time. Maybe take a walk outside and get some air, or watch a movie or show. The Expanse is pretty good if you haven't seen it.
Listen....where on earth do you get your assertments from? there´s simply no substance to what you babble about.
So how can you allow yourself to judge that I do not have wrong about anything? I just don´t get why you are so inclined to bother arguing on that, when you simply do not refer to any case at all, it´s just like you are trying to pull out a rabbit out of a hat, when there is none.

I am not aware of when extraneous blender is needed ? :D
That is highly individual from person to person who decides to take my advice on it, I have covered some in 1001 ways to use blender and lightwave, and some like it..some don´t, and it´s of course not intended for those who don´t want it, do you think I should remove my help advice on how to work with sculpting and get to lightwave and vice versa, how to convert Lw hair to blender, or vice versa, how to transfer blender fluids to lightwave and vice versa, smoke as well as liquid, dynamics etc.

You are only crippling the use and the help sections of the forums really by trying to enforce your ideas on what is wanted and not wanted.

If you think I am wrong about something...let´s talk about that...do not jump in to semantics, emotional entanglements and transformations of how I am acting in these threads, or castle of the air in your logic when claiming I am not wrong about anything.

Perhaps you think your made up judgement is working to the degree of some kind of self fullfilling prophecy of how I am thinking in any way, by mentioning I am never wrong about anything, it´s just nonsense when none is providing any case, they don´t refer to posts, not any objective....Nada, zip.

Everyone else? Oh..please, there are plenty of guys here agreeing on what I say, its just your demeaning type of psychology argument when you actually have nothing of substance in the matter at all, other than trying to lay it out this way.

As of awareness, not this thread is where the most heat is recently right, this isn´t about blender help, nor even lightwave help..when I help out it is in other threads, not this one..ok, do we get that right now, the discussion here is about gpu´s, modeling tools in layout or lack of, and why people wont upgrade.

When I do help out, it is both with lightwave help tips, youtube clips, and also blender tips.

What´s with it you guys, should I paste in all the posts in this thread for you to analyze, I got them ready..because this is utterly ridiculous, it´s delusions.

So let´s look at the case, where..in which post in here do I break forum rules? or is it just that You do not appreciate what I talk about..but can´t report it and have to engage in delusional assertments that I am a troll, or dysfunctional.
If you think I have no self awareness, please provide the post to my statements and let´s argue around that, and I will try and explain for you and meet you with my assertments on why I would disagree, but please don´t make up a messy blurry goo of your assertments where you argue around your own ideas on my self awareness without presenting anything to back it up.

As for a walk and helping myself, really..get over such comments, that is just patronizing commenting ..obviously since you instigate it with "You can´t help yourself"
as I would have a condition, it´s just another part of you and some others going freaky in the arguments with negative value loaded comments, spare yourself that impression of yourself.
You talked about self awareness set to zero and locked in, Look in the mirror perhaps...You do now that what I say is starting to boarder to personal attacks, just as your initial sentance is just that..I just respond to you with communication awareness in the same wavelength, perhaps you understand then?

Rest asure, if you really are being helpful..it´s not needed, I do walk, I sleep very well..I promise, I do not wake up in the night to check what you have written, nor will I sleep badly no matter what is said to comfort you on that part. but then again I am quite sure it´s not any sincere relax dude and friend offering of any significant magnitude.

you are having a tough time

No you are, that is of course why you have to written to another user in the way of "you are having a tough time" if you are smart you should now fall in to the psychologicla mirror commenting by relfecting it back to what I just said.

But I think you guys are probably having a more tough time with me and others who mentions blender...after all, that is where the stone is in your shoe, the aftermath of all the accusing is just the results of the chafing from that.
But as you said, why don´t you guys relax, go out for a walk and don´t bother when we mention blender in here, if it´s a problem report it, otherwise spare your time and don´t engage in wasting time or having a tought time :)

Personally..I can spare that time ..from time to time.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
And the next guy who starts an argument with me..you have to pay for it..

If I had slightly more time, I think I would do a narration to "der untergang" with this thread as a theme for Hitlers rage.

stevmjon

watched the monty python 'argument' video. still funny today. i am glad they left all the originals and didn't re-make modern versions.
faulty towers only went for about 3 seasons, but also still funny today. the guy who played manwell did a good job with the spanish accent and character.

prometheus

REBORN
watched the monty python 'argument' video. still funny today. i am glad they left all the originals and didn't re-make modern versions.
faulty towers only went for about 3 seasons, but also still funny today. the guy who played manwell did a good job with the spanish accent and character.

You know, it´s not necessary an argument, same as in here..it´s something, but due to lack of self awareness, I have no clue to what it is., then again..that is self awareness isn´t it, to know when you do not know, which is in contradiction to what some say I don´t have any talent for.
Or is that a contradiction?

This monty stuff can´t get old, it still speaks to our human nature, hasn´t changed much over the years.
Love Michael Palin.

prometheus

REBORN
How about you guys try something novel, like if your comment has nothing to do with the thread title, DON'T POST IT. If you want to have some sort of existential off topic conversation, take it to private messages or go to the General Discussion section of the forum.

It´s never going to work, every thread will have things that go off topic, it´s inevitable, that said..what you say is of course a good mindset to have when entering a discussion.
Just as I, others who complain of how to debate or what to debate of, they are just as guily with flooding with post of what you can´t post, or debate around ones persons psyche.
in a thread about what?

And what is the topic?
This is about wether or not you would upgrade, we can restrict it to that as I said before, but then only have a poll..if its just about saying yes or no..If anyone feels it should be a discussion, there will be ellaboration..and not all will have the same perspective, if there is more to be said around why ..don´t get surprised if other tools are mentioned, this is also however Not out of topic in such case, nor out of forum rules.

If anyone feels any post is Out of forum rules, It is adviced by forum moderators to report it, rather than engage in personal attacks.

Sending out private messages to who? that is absolutely insane approch if you want an open discussion, if we do not have that...this should be a closed discussion with a poll only.

General section?
Why?...this is a discussion thread on upgrade, if there are rules on how to debate on that, as it would be off topic...is it you who would decide that? or some other high ranked user? or is it written in the topic exactly, how would you interprete that...yes, there is only a question wether or not you would upgrade or not if it comes out 2021, unless you answer yes or no...it woul All be out of topic for this thread.
Common sense about what is off topic is not equal to all about what is proper for forum talks, some pretend they think so, but we may just leave that to forum moderators, foremost.

So if we would like to discuss with others, Like I would with erikals and marander on this topic, we should start another thread about the same darn thing, but in the general section??

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
I have to agree, I keep getting notifications about this thread - and I check them hoping to see who would upgrade (or not).

I wish posts could just stay on topic.

Just turn off the notifications for the thread..check them by schedule isntead when you feel for it.
I understand the frustration you have, but are we really here to complain about getting to much notifications that aren´t on topic, then we are all guity complaining, either if we mention other tools, or dicsuss something Not exactly on topic, or if we complain on having to many notifications and post about that..wich will give me another off topic notification in my mail.

It´s all part of the snowball effect some folks started by complaining about user activity, and it won´t stop..not now, not later, with one exception...and that is when Sbowie locks this thread.

Last edited:

ELinder

So instead of your showing a bit of self-restraint you tell people to turn off notifications and keep going until the thread is locked or edited. Nice.

prometheus

REBORN
So instead of your showing a bit of self-restraint you tell people to turn off notifications and keep going until the thread is locked or edited. Nice.

Nooo..that is your perception of it, that is wrong...REALITY CHECK, REALITY CHECK.
Let´s get this straight and correct shall we..
Where did I tell people to "go on" as in "urge " them, rather than what I think will happen?

I didn´t urge for the thread to be locked, I said..and READ quote below properly..post 254 and read It right without transforming it to how you believe it to be.

and it won´t stop..not now, not later, with one exception...and that is when Sbowie locks this thread.

That´s what I said as what I think will be the only way any off topic will stop to disturb the thread, do you somehow still see it as I tell people to hope for the thread to be locked? that would be nonsense and of course you just respond like this based on the perception of earlier postings here, it has nothing in relevance to what you actually assert.

As for self restraint..please drop your attacks and stick to topic, show some self restraint yourself and read up what I said before accusing people.

Turning of notifications is nothing else than an advice in good intention, which you someone as well transform in to an intent for me to be rude or something.

And the snowball is ever growing again fom those who can not restrain themself from personal attacks.

Last edited:
If Lightwave 2021 does come out and will come out this year, do you think it will be in the first half of 2021? We are already in the 3rd month of 2021 and it is still early days for a 2021 version to come out.

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
If Lightwave 2021 does come out and will come out this year, do you think it will be in the first half of 2021? We are already in the 3rd month of 2021 and it is still early days for a 2021 version to come out.
Honestly, I don't really think that's a realistic expectation at this time.

My feeling is that VizRT and NT are still considering their options when it comes to LightWave. But I would say that a free update to address any bugs in 2020 is more likely.

We can but hope.

roboman

Realistically the way it looks to me right now is that we are just coming out of a worldwide disaster that has destroyed economies and businesses around the world. Asking about Lightwave seems a bit like asking "so during this disaster, when are you going to clean out the closet in the back room"

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
Realistically the way it looks to me right now is that we are just coming out of a worldwide disaster that has destroyed economies and businesses around the world. Asking about Lightwave seems a bit like asking "so during this disaster, when are you going to clean out the closet in the back room"
True, but coming here and engaging in such refreshing and uplifting conversation with such a positive community is such a tonic from the doom and gloom of the world. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom