Where is RH (Rebel Hill)?

Austin_Taka

Hey has anyone heard any information about Craig lately, I know this post is old but I still haven't found something to really replace his plugin...

no, very quiet

last active >
https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/161833-missing-contact-to-Rebelhill/page2

use IKBooster together with RR Tools
https://www.liberty3d.com/store/tools/rr-tools

IKBooster intro
https://www.liberty3d.com/2014/02/the-comprehensive-guide-to-ikbooster-by-ryan-roye/

jwiede

Electron wrangler
IKB is sorta an autorigger, kind of semi-automatic.

You stated this before, and seem to be sticking with it as an answer, so can you please explain the above statement better?

Specifically, how does IKB help create a rig, given a rig-less character mesh?

Posing & FK/dynamics bone animation, IKB is amazing, no question, but "autorigger" seems a stretch -- even after viewing the content cited.

Last edited:

true, it doesn't set up the bones automatically.

guess another word would be better, i'll blame my english.

it simply speeds up the rigging process, so i guess a better discription is a speed-rigger.

as for why... >

jwiede

Electron wrangler

true, it doesn't set up the bones automatically.

guess another word would be better, i'll blame my english.

it simply speeds up the rigging process, so i guess a better discription is a speed-rigger.

That video just reinforces my position: Ryan didn't even activate IKB until AFTER the rig was complete, rested, weighted, etc. IKB played NO part in the rigging workflow/process. The rigging must be complete before activating IKB, because IKB analyzes the rig hierarchy on which it has been attached, and configures itself based on that hierarchy.

That's my point: IKB is an animation toolset/workflow, one of the few in LW, but is NOT a "rigging tool".

IKB is an animation toolset/workflow
yes, I wish it was a better word for it, I guess perhaps IKBooster covers it.
But isn't that part indeed of the rigging process ?
We're getting into the "definition" discussion.

And what do we know about the "definition" discussions?
They cause Wars/Ragnarok and turns saints into monsters.

so..... lets discuss

shrox

Man of many cells.

yes, I wish it was a better word for it, I guess perhaps IKBooster covers it.
But isn't that part indeed of the rigging process ?
We're getting into the "definition" discussion.

And what do we know about the "definition" discussions?
They cause Wars/Ragnarok and turns saints into monsters.

so..... lets discuss

Arrrggg!

kyuzo

Just a bump to the thread, and to mention that I was going to let my son see some of Craig's foundation videos and promotional stuff, but I was shocked and disappointed to see that rebelhill.net and his youtube channel seem to have gone.
I have all the training videos from him that I 'need' (though I was going to pick up the facial animation series to complete the set), but I'm sad for newer LW users who won't have the opportunity to buy his tutorials, because they were incredibly rich in knowledge, and it's a great loss to the community.

Wherever he is, whatever he is doing, I hope he is okay.

:(

prometheus

OFF TOPIC
Just a bump to the thread, and to mention that I was going to let my son see some of Craig's foundation videos and promotional stuff, but I was shocked and disappointed to see that rebelhill.net and his youtube channel seem to have gone.
I have all the training videos from him that I 'need' (though I was going to pick up the facial animation series to complete the set), but I'm sad for newer LW users who won't have the opportunity to buy his tutorials, because they were incredibly rich in knowledge, and it's a great loss to the community.

Wherever he is, whatever he is doing, I hope he is okay.

:(

kyuzo

Ah, thanks Vong, I was trying videos on his website, and searching youtube for 'Rebel Hill', not RHLW.
At least that stuff is still there.

JamesCurtis

i was frting to find Ryan Royes free tool from a link on Liberty3D's site and goy an error that the page could not be found on the LW forums. Could you help me?

prometheus

OFF TOPIC
Did I miss something? Where did you hear / read that he is doing okay?

To be clear..You quoted me and some quotes within, just so you know..I never said anything about myself hearing or reading his okay, you got that from other quotes.
But matters not to nit pick:) you found out anyway.

Top Bottom