Where is RH (Rebel Hill)?

Austin_Taka

I ordered Rhiggit 2 like a month ago, and he’s not answering emails. Has anybody else heard from him, or know about a vacation he’s on or something? Frankly I’m kinda worried about him, I’ve ordered from him before (his tutorials are fantastic) so I’m hoping he’s okay...

kyuzo

I was thinking the same thing after he was mentioned iin a thread about rigging earlier today (or yesterday).

I'm sure it had been mentioned in an earlier thread that he'd been in hospital after a traffic accident (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but I thought he'd been posting or messaging after that.

I'm really quite concerned for him, and am also hoping he's okay, but the fact that no-one seems to have heard from him for so long is frankly worrying.

Hopefully someone can get in touch with him.

We don't know.  

RPSchmidt

They were trying to reach out to him from the LW Support Group Facebook page too. The last time he was absent, he had been ill... I think he was hospitalized for a brief period of time.

So I hope that it is nothing serious, but it could possibly be.

kyuzo

Yeah, I checked that too.
I think he was online briefly after his accident.

His location is listed as Jersey, which I take to be the Channel Islands, but a search of the 192 electoral roll or the Jersey white pages give no results for him, so he seems to have been off-grid good and proper.

I find it hard to believe, and quite sad that no-one in the 3D community is able to make contact to check that he's okay.

Google = Craig Monins Jersey - gives this result >

Craig Monins. Address: [Redacted by moderator] Jersey

www.rebelhill.net

[Moderator's note: The details listed, although not all that hard to come by, constitute "personally identifiable information" by some definitions, and are probably best not listed here by some other than RH, in the unlikely event he wanted to do that himself.]

Last edited:

Google trusts me!  

no, ain't got a clue...  

[Moderator's note: The details listed, although not all that hard to come by, constitute "personally identifiable information" by some definitions, and are probably best not listed here by some other than RH, in the unlikely event he wanted to do that himself.]

yes, thanks, i was about to moderate it myself, based on suggestion.
regarding "in the unlikely" i guess this is a situation that calls for certain exceptions. but yep, best removed.

sending him an sms / letter seems a bit private perhaps ?
contacting a family letter also ?

Perhaps we'll just have to wait and see, and crossing fingers of course that all is well over in Jersey.

Last edited:

shrox

Man of many cells.

That's a nice little street.

kyuzo

Quick update. I debated whether or not I should, but decided to ring the number that Google returned. ( The one ending with 15).
I spoke to a chap who was not Craig, and he had never heard of him. He was polite, but not especially chatty, and I didnt want to intrude further, so I resisted asking if he'd had that phone number or had moved into the address we had for Craig since before January/February.

So we don't know anything more other than the phone number Google has isn't any use to contact him. I am starting to fear the worst now.

Hard to say,

it wouldn't be the first time Craig gets --Very-- hard to get a hold of.

so it is all guessing from here.

Think we'll have to wait a few months, see if there is any news.  

Austin_Taka

Well, while we wait for him, does anyone know of a good auto rigger I can use instead of rhiggit, or at least a passable one? I’ve got some animation stuff I’d like to do and since it’s gonna be a while before he comes back, I’d rather not build rigs the old fashioned way. Call me lazy, but I always mess some tiny thing up that breaks the whole rig and gotta throw out 2 hours of work. Maybe I’m just not a rigger xD; anyways, thanks for all the responses! Really appreciate this community!

Top Bottom