What can't you create?

prometheus

REBORN
I don't work anymore, I just Lightwave to have a good time.
That´s the spirit Shroxy.

Oh, I din´t buy my hardware for the sake of 3D, I just had the need for it o keep up in other areas when the world goes digital, payin bills, answering mails and harass 3D forums:D

No seriously, that was a truth with modification, but some may be able to work things out with mid computers to some degree, without even having given a thought of getting in to 3D or art, so the investment was initially the cost to cover basic home stuff you need anyway.

but for Serious 3D artist, that won´t hold up of course.

So shrox, how old are you now, already retired? you must have done well for yourself.
Happy to see that, enjoy life and Lightwave where you can.(y)

prometheus

REBORN
Repetition only makes lies more true.
Therefore. I had presented my arguments.
Yours do not convince me. :)

snip LWGuru

I am not here to convince you, I just state that your logic doesn´t ad up for me, but we all build our own truths don´t we.

"Repetition only makes lies more true" ?
That is honestly only a historical "cliche" used when arguments and assertments can´t be provided in any other way, it by itself holds not weight bearing to be of significant truth per subject itself.

I can bounce that back, a truth repeated, can never be false when it is the truth.

I haven´t payed a dime for blender, I didn´t invest my hardware with that in mind, I invested in my hardware based on other tools, we can wrap and turn this in to complex events of costs and connections that in the end serves no end than everything is pretty much connected, it doesn´t distingish cost anywhere in the end, everything costs if you disect every connection of life elements, it´s a given fact, but the value and ration is a different thing and you can twist this nested philosphy in to saying, it didn´t cost me anything cause I didn´t invest in it for that sake, I got it for free since I anyway would have invested in my tools for another reason.

Correlaction cost and dynamics in the "theory of everything" that is given.

So no..I know we two have Quite a different view of life and artistry, what art is, and to what extent different tools matters. so no..I am not here to convince you on that matter, which means I only argue for it´s own sake, and if anyone else would like to have their wrestle with these arguments.
That´s all.

I have a lot of respect for your work, your talent on some of it, and your business..just that we share a bit of a different views on all that above.

Som other stuff I think Lighwave should be able to create, but can´t, that is fractal art, I know Tim dunn made some nice tools there (aurora attractor(, but too slow and not able to cope with the amount of particles needed to match what you get from fractron 9000, flame painter and those special fractal art generators, some of it is of course not 3D, but anyway..replicating fractal patterns and attractors like that with that kind of control of density is not really possible inide of Lightwave.

There are tools studios use for heavy stuff, krakatoa, houdini etc for particle effects so complex that you would have to spend years and years to get close if you try it inside of Lightwave, there is a reason those tools are out there and a reason for why studios pick them, otherwise we would all still be using truespace today, and just discard everything else to be a market scam.

Last edited:

LightWaveGuru

I haven´t payed a dime for blender, ....

This means that whenever you start Blender your landlord doesn't want any more money from you, you get your food for free, your electricity bill doesn't increase and the time you spend in Blender is then also no time in which you could do other things? And your hardware will not get older through use?

This is genius!

I didn't know Blender could do that.

I will install it right away.

Um wait a minute.
I already did that 10 years ago.

And that's why I know you're lying because Blender can't do that!

LOL :)

btw

prometheus said:

So that means you never donated to the Blender community? Even I have done that!

ROFL :)

snip LWGuru

kadri

There is nothing free in life. You had to learn Lightwave and give money for the software and hardware.
With Blender you got it for less.

Lightwave can't do water simulation, fire and some more. Yes we all know if you have the time you can make everything (at least to a degree) in any software. You could use paint even to make every scene you want in your animation. Frame by frame...

The artist matters of course. 50-100 years later even this might change with the software you use.
So software matters too in this and that way. Have you tried to get a nail out with a needle?
You can...But if you see someone who tries that i doubt that you would say that he knows what he is doing.

This is even childish that we have to explain to you. You sound like a fanatic. It is clear what we talk here about.
The way you drag the thread is really absurd.

LightWaveGuru

the flow is not a problem, getting the orange/black separation to flow like the Houdini example, is.

maybe... maybe... it could be cheated somehow using DeepRising foam.

Hi Erikals ,

No, the solution for the separation is quite simple.
It is called dirt node in Octane and in LightWave it is called patina node.
on top of it you put a combination of material mixer and for exmaple turbulance node in the node hierarchy.
the turbulance node then controls the size of the black lumps from min to max. the dirt node controls how much of the yellow and black lava is under the influence of the turbulance node which is used as mask node.

you can also take another procedural as mask node. you can test what looks best. and the joke is. with this surface node set up you can also control the cooling of the lava (or the heating) over time. because the nodes are all animatable. you can simulate the particles either with the lw particle system or use the pic-flip solver with the scatter node. then you use the particles of open vdb. all in all no witchcraft but a pretty simple set up. (if you know how to do it). or in other words. it's not even very complicated. so don't be so quick to be impressed by videos from youtube - university. the only thing that takes some time is to set the correct viscosity of the lava in the solver. this requires some testing.

snip LWGuru

kadri

So software (versions) matters?....
I won't respond to your post anymore.
Your posts are even contradicting itself (using more then 30 software...saying new software can do it...using VDB's from other software etc.)

prometheus

REBORN
This means that whenever you start Blender your landlord doesn't want any more money from you, you get your food for free, your electricity bill doesn't increase and the time you spend in Blender is then also no time in which you could do other things? And your hardware will not get older through use?

This is genius!

I didn't know Blender could do that.

I will install it right away.

Um wait a minute.
I already did that 10 years ago.

And that's why I know you're lying because Blender can't do that!

LOL :)

btw

prometheus said:

So that means you never donated to the Blender community? Even I have done that!

ROFL :)

snip LWGuru

Not sure what you are quoting now, you are mixing up your own ideas in white, with orange and not quoting properly here, you are making a mess of what we need to keep straight in this kind of discussion :) if you say something with your words, use the same color of language, and if you refer to me, use another, don´t mix up the truth more than necessary please :)

the only thing I recall I said is I haven´t paid a dime for blender, the rest is your own mix and hypothetical reasoning that makes no sense.

Nope, haven´t contributed a dime t blender community, you have..I don´t care, it doesn´t make me feel guilty or a hero to any degree wether I do or not...what other thinks about that..I don´t care, I only care about when blender reaches that level of standard, and when I reach that level of skills, only then I will look in to what I need extra, I do not work for the blender community to earn money etc.
Rest asure, I think I will pay for some plugins later on, it´s not yet time for that so far, still need to use blender more for projects before I choose what to invest in.
had Lightwave a transparent development policy around it, I might even have invested in TFD.

The reasoning in the first sentence yoiu put uo.. is absurd, what is it you are trying to say? that I havent brought forth here, Ivé already told you nothing is for free, it´s a dynamic physical process in all it´s complexity of correlation between connection, I do not find it worth to consider it to be at a cost in those terms, it has so little value to what I do for a living or to pay my bills or rents, it either reduces my cost or increases my welth currently, it only reduces cost from an artistic point of view if I want to create something, It´s, a completely different matter when you are in your situation with a company, everything is very much a higher cost evaluation.

Going back to that absurd "repetition of the lies" it´s absurd because it says nothign about the actual subject´s truth or falseness, but volumes about mankinds demagogs and dictators using those tricks to decieve the masses., that´s all.

Emotional freakouts and Genius remarks doesn´t fit your intelligence Rene, nor does it serve you trying to assert something with dignity and logic, as a Genius yourself..you should know that when you use your🧠 :p

I will pay my respect back to you in the same freakish manner then, You are a Genius Rene, I bow to your superior intellect , Laughing out Loud, rolling on the floor and chuckle about how wise the Guru is, with Love..
:ROFLMAO::D:love::eek:

Now let´s go to the shop ..You buy the next lightwave, I buy the next blender, and don´t forget to bring the money, I won´t need any, then we can take a coffe together, I can buy you that one ..quite some time over and over till we are equal in the dynamic correlation of life costs.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
Your posts are even contradicting itself (using more then 30 software...saying new software can do it...using VDB's from other software etc.)

That´s what I tried to say, but you are more gifted than me to do it in a shorter way.(y)
I think the emotions Rene has towards lightwave and the task at head of counting in costs in to personal business, is kind of tinting a false illusion on what matters or not.

Theroticly, the brush doesn´t matter, in Rene´s case, he should be able to use truespace, autocad, sculptris..or illustrator or photoshop to handle the art, no matter the task.
It may sound nice when looking back at DaVinci or leornardo, they didn´t have such complex task or tools to excel in either, various techniques etc..that´s it.

prometheus

REBORN

There is nothing free in life. You had to learn Lightwave and give money for the software and hardware.
With Blender you got it for less.

This is even childish that we have to explain to you. You sound like a fanatic. It is clear what we talk here about.
The way you drag the thread is really absurd.
Yup...

But Kadri, I think you should adress who´m you reply to, (just a reminder if you care :) ) even if it follows a direct post from that user, so easy to confuse things, who´s adressing who, and who said what..now Rene even mixes my statements with his own in some funky color variations.

I think too it´s a bit over the top to debate everythings cost, just to disect the "illusion" of something being free, when an apple falls in to your mouth, is it free of cost for you, or did you have to think about the cost of planning the trip to the tree, walk there, the cost of spending the time under the tree or what?
If you were in the middle ages, you could also get an Idea for free like newton and start to thing about the gravity of each things nature, such as if something cost or not, and if that idea that came to you really was for free or not.

The cycle of this costly debate around costs or not for free or for marginally free or not has to end, I will try by challenging Rene in to the thread topic of what you can´t create, software matters not, so the challenge for Rene is to create realistic erosions in terrain with Lightwave only.

Last edited:

kadri

I think the emotions Rene has towards lightwave and the task at head of counting in costs in to personal business, is kind of tinting a false illusion on what matters or not.
Michael (it is Michael (Prometheus) i hope?) it is to Lightwaveguru of course :)

I use Lightwave since 27 years or so and have actually an emotional investment too. I even bought Lightwave instead of Blender just because of that. But the way he talks is like we don't know anything. What he says are obvious things that a some time user should already know. Only noobs wouldn't know these. Those are not the things we want to talk here at all.

The artist matters...DOH!
What a new thought !!!!
These are in much more deeply talked things 20 years or more in the past in the forums...

prometheus

REBORN
Michael (it is Michael (Prometheus) i hope?) it is to Lightwaveguru of course :)

I use Lightwave since 27 years or so and have actually an emotional investment too. I even bought Lightwave instead of Blender just because of that. But the way he talks is like we don't know anything. What he says are obvious things that a some time user should already know. Only noobs wouldn't know these. Those are not the things we want to talk here at all. The artist matters...DOH! What a new thought !!!! These are even much talked things 20 years or more in the past in the forums...

Yep..You say it so much better and with shorter explanations than I do.

And yes, it´s "Michael" works too :)

Yes..obvious things, the most important part is the Artist, and yes..it´s quite obvious Everything cost to some degree more or less, almost infinitely small or humonguosly large.
But modern tools extends what mankind can do in terms of being a "true" artists or not, same with every modern tool, wether it is calculating, creating music with synth, or creating "art" with fractal generators, it extends and enhances our senses, and even those who think they don´t have a sense of art in them, they do think, they dream and have visions..these modern tools can help convey such visions, to actually produce what can be considered art anyway, but it´s a difference when you compare skills of course, and to what level etc.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
It's not easy in a subjective discussion, but please avoid offering judgements about one another. Talk about software, principles, all good .. but personal remarks are not welcome.

kadri

Some could even go to an extreme and said " everything is already in the software and what the artist does is only choosing what he wants from within that software". So what matters is the programmer and not the artist at all.
We couldn't make all these images, but especially animations, at all without the programmers work.
This wouldn't be kinda wrong but not right too at all.
Just an interesting aspect to think about but nothing related to this thread.

prometheus

REBORN
Some could even go to an extreme and said " everything is already in the software and what the artist does is only choosing what he wants from within that software". So what matters is the programmer and not the artist at all.
We couldn't make all these images, but especially animations, at all without the programmers work.
This wouldn't be kinda wrong but not right too at all.
Just an interesting aspect to think about but nothing related to this thread.

Since it seems I am known to have another name "Hi Jack"
I am trying to steer the direction to the on topic directio and what can´t we create.
Discussions around what is Art? who is an Artist,?or to what cost everything little subtle detail in life comes with? that should belong to another topic thread perhaps.

Terrain erosions is a creation task I have been repeating for some posts now, we could discuss that, that is what the topic is about.

LightWaveGuru

Your claim was that "Lightwave" cannot simulate fluids/water etc.pp.

My answer was that YOU cannot.

Lightwave as software with the right artist but can simulate fluids out of the box since 2019.
So what do you want from me because your claim was simply wrong.

My postings just do not contradict themselves!
Your statement was related to Lightwave and not to other software that I also use.

snip LWGuru

LightWaveGuru

It's not easy in a subjective discussion, but please avoid offering judgements about one another. Talk about software, principles, all good .. but personal remarks are not welcome.

Hello SBowie,

If in a LightWave Forum a user makes again and again for software advertisement the BLENDER is called then the forum Admin must intervene sometime also!

This is the LightWave Forum and not the XYZ software Forum.

It's enough with the Blender advertising! Enough is enough!

This is here the Home > Forums > LightWave 3D User > Community LW - Community Thread

And one user asked.

"When I see footage like this (not too mention watch the movie, Sin City), I wonder to myself what it is that people feel they can't create in LightWave?"

So tell me how long you will tolerate that the user Prometheus permanently hacks my postings to tell about his Blender software.
As I said, I myself use Blender for over 10 years. But that is not the topic here! Here it is about the software LightWave!

If I want to talk about Blender I go to the Blender forum!

Thank you for your understanding.

snip LWGuru

Top Bottom