What’s happened to Newtek forum

Sensei

TrueArt Support
This forum used to be so helpful a few years ago, but now it’s a load of rubbish I’m sorry say
What do you mean?
People with questions, ask questions.
People with knowledge, answer them.
If there is no people with questions, members start talking about 3rd party things..

prometheus

REBORN
This forum used to be so helpful a few years ago, but now it’s a load of rubbish I’m sorry say

It still functions when posts are approached the right way, from "the right" people.
And a part of it is a matter of what each one contributes of course.

See here, post 21

I can't believe how supportive and responsive this forum is :).

You should also be able to draw the logic from what seem´s to be a lesser helpful community, based on the fact that Lightwave development seem to have stagnated or stopped completely and by the frequencie Vizrt update their blog around newtek (unless you are a tricaster guy I suppose)
And you should also be able to draw the logic that it just can´t be as vibrant anymore when so many users seem to have left, and important spokesmen within the Lightwave team itself has left and went on to other projects.

Ask yourself, what can you do to contribute? and if you can´t find anything..analyze why that is.
I could contribute a lot..lot more, but then again..it´s feeling like dead meat if there is not much folks left to listen, and when it feels like boardering a boat that is sinking.

But my response and perhaps your post is. just...Rubbish :D In the sense it doesn´t contribute to solving anything or being inspirational.

I will give newtek one thing, they did improve the forum I think, but needs further structuring of the sections, but it will still loose members as days pass by with no product updates or product update info, think they may have been abit too late.

Last edited:
It still functions when posts are approached the right way, from "the right" people.
And a part of it is a matter of what each one contributes of course.

See here, post 21

You should also be able to draw the logic from what seem´s to be a lesser helpful community, based on the fact that Lightwave development seem to have stagnated or stopped completely and by the frequencie Vizrt update their blog around newtek (unless you are a tricaster guy I suppose)
And you should also be able to draw the logic that it just can´t be as vibrant anymore when so many users seem to have left, and important spokesmen within the Lightwave team itself has left and went on to other projects.
For the Lightwave community its fine, I'm more talking about the Tricaster community.

People with questions, don't get answers.
People with knowledge, don't answer them.
I love the newtek products they are great, but the service information on this forum as gone down hill, in my opinion I'm sorry to say. I understand we are all leaning about this wonderful new technology, but why bother to have a forum if your not going to answer our questions Newtek?
cheers
Joe

Reactions: OFF

prometheus

REBORN
For the Lightwave community its fine, I'm more talking about the Tricaster community.

People with questions, don't get answers.
People with knowledge, don't answer them.
I love the newtek products they are great, but the service information on this forum as gone down hill, in my opinion I'm sorry to say. I understand we are all leaning about this wonderful new technology, but why bother to have a forum if your not going to answer our questions Newtek?
cheers
Joe

Ok..my bad then..sorry :D

thought you refered to mostly Lightwave, while tricaster should be more vibrant, I thought.

Stream

So, what questions have you've had that haven't been answered?
How has the forum been unhelpful to you?

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Not to fob you off with platitudes, because I recall a day when we only had a couple of products and many of us were more visible in the forums. Speaking just for myself, I'd need 48-hour days (and a lot of coffee!) to keep up with what I did in earlier years now that we have such a diverse product lineup.

While I think that's regrettable in some ways, may I ever so gently point out that - as much as many of us 'insiders' enjoy participating in these forums, have made many friends here, and value it as a resource too - this forum is not part of NewTek's official support schemes. It's about community, people sharing experience and helping one another. To quote forum policy, it exists "primarily to facilitate professional and civil discourse regarding the use of NewTek products by those who own them."

This is not to say we don't appreciate them, or - speaking just for myself - that I don't wish I had more time to spend here - listening, learning, and offering little contributions where I can. But the forums are not now, nor have they in the past been considered a primary channel of company provided support. Rather, they are intended to foster community and knowledge sharing. As much as I wish we could all just deliver endlessly based on the milk of human kindness and the sheer joy we find in what we do, at times we must turn to more formal support mechanisms.

I see a handful of people trying to help and its always nice when Bowie or Kane jump in in their "spare" time. I try to return the favor when I can. I really dislike facebook but the groups there do seem to be more active. I try to help keep these forums more active.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
No apology necessary. To be honest, I do notice that a few who have been longtime contributors seem to be a bit quieter lately. I'm tempted to attribute this to COVID - not that I think the ranks have been decimated (actually, they have swelled), but I think some of the most experienced and knowledgeable members have just been swamped!

Ma3rk

Curmudgeon in Training
The TriCaster side of things and the Lightwave side are somewhat like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Same body, unaware of it's own two sides. I'm sure there are, but I rarely see a cross over of names in the postings as in if you're doing video, you're probably not doing much 3D and vice versa.

I still find the forum the most useful for Lightwave related topics in many ways. Just need to catch the right folks attention. But as Steve states, definitely fewer, repeat familiar names.

The Discord seems more of a clique frankly.

Top Bottom