Web Browser Source as an input option

AndrewJDavidson

Here is a feature request. I would love to be able to set a input up so that the input constantly pulls from a web browser address. We use a company called TagBoard to pull social engagement, posts, ect from across all of our platforms. TagBoard provides a URL that carries transparency.

My current workflow is:
On a separate machine: OBS with a Browser Source, that scene has an NDI Output filter on, I hardwire that into our network.
I load the OBS NDI as an input and use it as a DSK overlay, or as its own standalone input.

I would love to just be able to plug that URL in when I go to set up my inputs (in the same way you choose Local Inputs, Black, Skype TX, ect.), instead of lugging around a PC, montior, keyboard and mouse just to turn that web browser into an NDI source.

kanep

NewTek SE
The TriCaster 2 Elite's 'App Desktop' feature allow for this workflow. You can open a web browser directly on the system and have the 'page area' show up as an input on the TriCaster.

AndrewJDavidson

The TriCaster 2 Elite's 'App Desktop' feature allow for this workflow. You can open a web browser directly on the system and have the 'page area' show up as an input on the TriCaster.
So since it is in the TC2, there are no plans to do anything similar on the software side of the TC1?

kanep

NewTek SE
I don't know what the future plans are, but it wasn't mentioned the model of TriCaster is the original post, so I answered with what I could.

dhodlick

Seconding this request. Having another laptop with scan converter running just to pull in a web-page is a pain.

Top Bottom