w3d - Director slow loading

joholland84

Hi everyone

Im a university student and very new to Shockwave 3D. Im also not that keyed up with Director Lingo and Cinema 4D.

For my current project I am creating a game in Director which uses about 6 different w3d files at different points with still renders and animations between each w3d.

My problem is when it comes to loading a w3d it takes a little while before it becomes interactive (I have applied movement and 'click on model' in each w3d for user interactivity). Once it has loaded it runs ok, its just slow loading the individual w3d files. I hope I am making sense!?

I originally created the 3D files in Cinema 4D. I have tried fiddling with some of the quality settings bringing one particular file from 4mb to 2.7mb. Are these file sizes too big? If so how can I make them smaller? The lower file size does not make it run any faster in Director... Any ideas as to making my w3d files run faster would be great!

Thanks everyone

Jo

Textures always takes a big chunk. Decrease colordepth, resize, compress - if possible.
You can stream your content in director. Manual stream use lingo, auto stream movie -> playback

joholland84

Hey there, thanks very much for your suggestion. I shall give it a go and hope for the best. It would be brilliant if it solves the problem! Thanks again.

Jo

joholland84

Any more suggestions would be brilliant. The texture idea worked a bit, but I want to get it loading as fast as it can go!

Jo

Top Bottom