• Dear NewTek ( now Vizrt) community,
    We are merging and updating our forum to join it with the Vizrt Forum. Here's what you need to know:
    All existing threads, posts, knowledge articles, and user accounts will be seamlessly migrated.
    Once the merge is completed, the old forums will no longer be accessible.
    We are making this move to unite our Vizrt and NewTek forums, creating a new, enhanced experience for our community members and technology users.
    We will notify you once the change has been made and the new forum is live.
    Thank you for your continued support in our growing community!

vt driver for free flash streaming clients

view3d

for sites such as nowlive.com ustream.tv stickam.com , many social networks and more. Would be a great revolution to get vt on the free live video streaming sites!

I know that at least for ustream, you can encode with ustream's software from the VT directly without needing the VT software to live encode flash - do a search of the forum, I know I've seen at least one post on how to configure it.

view3d said:
I got it working apparently it was an installation issue I had.
OK. :tongue: That's tasty. What steps were involved, view3D?
-PeterG

I just used stickam. I like the idea that it's not recording the stream (lets me deliver a monetized version of the recording elsewhere.)

It's basically plug and play, VT was the only windows media source running on my machine at the time, and when I said "go" it popped up a window asking for permission to send me video, then it started streaming.

Now the real question... Are there any of these free streaming services that don't crop the crud out of the video like stickam and ustream?

hi

I am trying to stream to ustream. do i need a flash driver?

the broadcast window says no camera detected.
I can pull from VT5 but when I try to push, it crashes.

I am on quadcore with vista, 3gb ram should be fine...

For ustream, do not use the streaming function of the VT. Instead, follow ustream's instructions, and when you come to the option of choosing the camera you will webcast from, select VT[5] output.

i am not using vt, it wont do a push feed it just crashes the system.

but opening ustream i see no instructions for vt. as it opens i just get a message that says no camera detected and no options.

Not using VT would be the problem. If it's not running, the Flash based broadcaster program can't see it.

When the VT[5] switcher is running, and I pull up Stickcam or Ustream's broadcast control, it gives me VT[5] output as a camera source option.

Not with the older TriCaster software, it doesn't have the windows video drivers. TriCaster 2.0 should work as it does have the drivers.

Not using VT would be the problem. If it's not running, the Flash based broadcaster program can't see it.

When the VT[5] switcher is running, and I pull up Stickcam or Ustream's broadcast control, it gives me VT[5] output as a camera source option.

Hi. I've got a problem. I'm using VT5 and it's running... yet, i got the message "No camera has been detected. Please connect a camera and restart your broadcaster." when i click on "Broadcast now" in ustream. I dont have the camera source option. Where do i go from here?

Back
Top Bottom