vt 5.2b mouse focus issue

mattr

so i finally made the plunge to the vt5 world a few weeks ago after doing a fresh install of windows.

now i have a weird problem with mouse focus. if another program (windows explorer, firefox, anything) takes the focus away from vt, there is about a 7 second delay between when i click back onto vt and when it actually responds. (i.e. if i'm doing something else and i click back to vt to change something real fast, i have to wait 7 sec. or so before it does something.)
once the focus is back to vt, everything is fine. also, video and audio continue without anomaly and i can control things with the RS-8 the entire time.

this is a potential for very bad things to happen during a live switch because we run our song lyrics on the VT machine (for keying purposes) so i've been VERY careful to pre-set as much as possible and I have scaled back some of the extras that I do.

has anyone seen or heard of this issue before? i have no idea where to start troubleshooting this.

relevant specs:
Nvidia Quattro NVS 440 (w/ most recent driver)
XP SP3 (hope this isn't the problem)
Gigabyte GA-9itdw
2 Xeon Nocona 2.8's
2 GB Registered Gigaram (i think?)

Thanks all,
Matt

Jim_C

We've got it simple.
Wondering if everyone with the delay issue is using an nvidia Quadro line of card?

davedude

Wondering if everyone with the delay issue is using an nvidia Quadro line of card?

I actually had the delay using two different graphic cards. One was ATI and the other was a Nvidia. So it seems that the graphic card chipset is not the cause.

Jim_C

We've got it simple.
ehhh... Worth a shot.

Quadros do (or at least did) give VTs a hard time. You can find quite a few posts from dealers and users warning against them. Haven't really seen any in a while but just threw it out there.

Top Bottom