Volume Transfer from A to B with open VDB

prometheus

REBORN
I have German citizenship. :)
But I do not drink alcohol.

I do not know myself in this regard.
And yes the Germans drink rather beer.

snip LWGuru

Well, usually Swedes are heavy beer drinkers as well, but no alchol for me either, so something We seem to have in common.

prometheus

REBORN
Yes I was a bit funny on it this morning. I could show scenes like this every day. open VDB is a powerful tool. So for a supposedly "dead software", LightWave is embalmed pretty well. LOL :)

snip LWGuru

Don´t you dare go there Rene:p
All that will be judged based on If Lightwave continues to develop, not on what it does for you or others today ..or even for some years ahead.
The phrase "dead software" I am pretty convinced has never really been about what it does for you, or for how long it works for you, but Everything about wether or not it will be updated and continued to be developed.

But in principle it´s a bit wrong to talk about dead software, some people have a differetn point of view, regardless of it never being developed it can work for them during their lifetime, so in that regards, not dead for them.

The judgement on that will only reveal itself through time and action or not.

I love that they implemented vdb, and part of that was why I upgraded to 2019, though I consider it beeing to rough in some areas, but that was yesterday, tomorrow is ahead of us and won´t come with any news until someone comes with news.

Let´s get back to this when the next Lightwave release is out, only then will we have a timeframe scale as the measurement tool to base any arguments around it´s status.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
alcohol makes you stupid and sick. typical slave drug. OUCH! :)

snip LWGuru
Agreed, it´s appalling to see the amount of stupid Swedes on a friday night in the subway during the summer, perhaps corona reduces that kind of activity.
Same in the Soccer arena as well with screaming berserker fools, so eager to fight the other club fans.

LightWaveGuru

Don´t you dare go there Rene:p
All that will be judged based on If Lightwave continues to develop, not on what it does for you or others today ..or even for some years ahead.
The phrase "dead software" I am pretty convinced has never really been about what it does for you, or for how long it works for you, but Everything about wether or not it will be updated and continued to be developed.

The judgement on that will only reveal itself through time and action or not.

I love that they implemented vdb, and part of that was why I upgraded to 2019, though I consider it beeing to rough in some areas, but that was yesterday, tomorrow is ahead of us and won´t come with any news until someone comes with news.

Let´s get back to this when the next Lightwave release is out, only then will we have a timeframe scale as the measurement tool to base any arguments around it´s status.

I always live in the now because who thinks two seconds knows that there is no past and future.
these are only abstract concepts of monkey brains.
it will be especially funny when these monkey brains get old and then start to fragment.
LOL :)
we are already a cute species.

snip LWGuru

prometheus

REBORN
I always live in the now because who thinks two seconds knows that there is no past and future.
these are only abstract concepts of monkey brains.
it will be especially funny when these monkey brains get old and then start to fragment.
LOL :)
we are already a cute species.

snip LWGuru

So why do you even bother to work for a living? go to work tomorrow :D
I would(think) you are wrong, there can not be a now, unless there is a past and a future, the past, now, and future is connected.
Without cause, there is no now, and without the now..and now can not exist without a trajectory, I am not a fan of the limbo land of nothing.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
Then forget what I just said, it never happened, there is no past.
And forget to think about it, you can´t predict what to say in the future anyway :p

prometheus

REBORN
Or perhaps we could take a beer or two and think about wether there is a" Now at all to speak about" I just posted this now...isn´t true, since it happened a zeptosecond ago in the past.

perhaps there never can be a now, but always a past and future, we simply can not pin point a fixed non movement of space and time that are disconnected from past motion or future trajectory?

Time is relative and so are our thoughts ..it seems.

LightWaveGuru

So why do you even bother to work for a living? go to work tomorrow :D
I would(think) you are wrong, there can not be a now, unless there is a past and a future, the past, now, and future is connected.
Without cause, there is no now, and without the now..and now can not exist without a trajectory, I am not a fan of the limbo land of nothing.
You always live in the NOW. Every breath of your life. Therefore.

Past and future are only concepts of rationality.

Ask an animal about future or past then it will be funny.

So we know a gorilla lady (unfortunately now dead) who was taught the sign language of the deaf. She could express herself with about 200 terms. If you wanted to make an appointment with her in the future, you could only do that up to a week in the future. Beyond that it did not work. She did not understand. So in her world the past and the future is one week! No more. Everything that is more than one week in the past is deleted and everything that goes beyond one week in the future is not received and understood. Your idea of past and future are therefore theoretical achievements of your brain which do not exist in reality. That is why a small glass of water is enough for a guppy. His imagination of the past and future are 3 seconds then everything is NEW again in the glass. Cute or :)

Therefore. future and past are abstract concepts that have nothing to do with this universe!

snip LWGuru

prometheus

REBORN
You always live in the NOW. Every breath of your life. Therefore.

Past and future are only concepts of rationality.

Ask an animal about future or past then it will be funny.

So we know a gorilla lady (unfortunately now dead) who was taught the sign language of the deaf. She could express herself with about 200 terms. If you wanted to make an appointment with her in the future, you could only do that up to a week in the future. Beyond that it did not work. She did not understand. So in her world the past and the future is one week! No more. Everything that is more than one week in the past is deleted and everything that goes beyond one week in the future is not received and understood. Your idea of past and future are therefore theoretical achievements of your brain which do not exist in reality. That is why a small glass of water is enough for a guppy. His imagination of the past and future are 3 seconds then everything is NEW again in the glass. Cute or :)

Therefore. future and past are abstract concepts that have nothing to do with this universe!

snip LWGuru

On contrary, our past shapes our now and future no matter if you call it abstract or not, thus it has everything to do with Now and this universe.
You can look back at past events that are no more, gamma ray traces we can see that really isn´t anymore, yet it bind´s us through time affect us and how we choose to both
percieve and form our reality.

Different views on this as well :)

As for animals, I don´t think you are correct On the analyze of animals having a two week time scale understanding only.
I think I have seen articles and studies of animals far more capable of understanding the future, you must be aware of for understanding time and the future, they need to make plans, and animals do storage plans over seasons, far more longer than two weeks.
What you refer to is just a single case with a specific scenario.

Which Gorilla Lady was it? not Koko? I think that Lady was mourning for quite some time after she heard Robin Williams died.

And no matter of a 2 week understanding, it is Still an understanding of a future and a past, but I seriously doubt here memory would cut out anything older than two weeks.
You know, my cat went away every summer, she came back in the winter..all hungry and all cheerful to see us, then she stayed homed for some months recovering from the tough wildlife, and dolphins and elephants...don´t argue they wouldn´t recall longer than two weeks.
Squirrels are thiefs, stealling from others, burying it in places they later can access when they need too, they are fully aware of what they do now, affects their future and the now of that future.

I don´t see many animals as that different from other mammals and "humans" in that regards of perception of time, or planning, some have lesser ability of course.

But yeah, you could to some degree you live in the now and not past or future, but then again..how can their ever be a now if the now isn´t everchanging from it´s previous state, it can be recorded, and confirmed to where it is Now, and by that it can be predicted to when in the future.

And Let´s look at the stars, though they really aren´t there are they..or where they really are in the right space and time.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
And crudely, there never is a now, now always dies when analysed under the quantum microscope and can´t really be pinpoint to a moment where you even can breathe or have the time to create a thought, It´s all an illusion, there´s no past, no future, no true now more than what you have as concept yourself of "now"

Now go and make more vdb motions, Now..and don´t wait for it to simulate in the future, that´s not gonna happen :)

To sum it up, I think it´s an illusion you can live in the now, mindfullness and all that, the ones most closely to acheive that perhaps tibetanian munks, but they can not escape their past, nor their destiny in the future, not even dalais lama and his past and the results of a now in exile, nor will his divinity fool anyone nor himself to survive his final destination.
Nor do I think it is so easy to live in the "now" you can of course do your best..but you really can´t.

Spock mentality could help, do the kolinahr, with emotions..you are not living to the fullest extent of being in the "now."
The Big question is however, should I just use "past" lightwave versions, the recent version, or actually wish and dream, and perhaps plan for a "future" lightwave version, since now is´nt doing what it should for me, right now that is :)

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
And ..it´s a bit rocket science, we need every bit of history, the past to understand our experiments, or past trajectory, our current position derived from the past to predict and transform the current position to result in the proper trajectory path to land on Mars, or conclusions or whatever, with our our ability to understand the past, pr the future as a result of track records of any subjects now and past, which we then utilize to steer things right and make sure we don´t fly by Mars.

A clock can´t be a clock without a past, or a future...everything about a clocks existance is to account for both the past the future and now.
So no...future and the past is not merely abstract, it is indeed forming everything in our life, and has everything to do with this universe, except for what is going on in the black holes I do not know.

But to be a bit humble, but as for me and I suspect for you as well, we are not equipped well enough with education in physics, mathematics and perhaps philosophy around metaphysics to properly to the right answers, not to a question like this which probably is highly debated among the scholars in those fields.

But who knows, vizrts no future roadmap may not be needed, just live in the now..and hope there isn´t a cliff in the end of the road. :D
sorry for that, seems I got in to "past" habits of projecting vizrt´s problems on to you ...again, but don´t keep track of that, just live in the now :)

Last edited:

LightWaveGuru

But who knows, vizrts no future roadmap may not be needed, just live in the now..and hope there isn´t a cliff in the end of the road. :D
sorry for that, seems I got in to "past" habits of projecting vizrt´s problems on to you ...again, but don´t keep track of that, just live in the now :)

i don't care what VIZRT does. or does a painter worry about what happens to the company whose brush he is holding in his hand and already painting? why should the painter worry about whether the manufacturer of the brush wants to change or develop it in the future? i know enough painters who always use exactly the same brushes and would refuse to buy a brush that has been changed! i don't understand all the fuss about it because i already have the brush. and since software brushes don't age, i can't wear them out. so what's the value for me in knowing what a brush manufacturer wants to do in the "future"? for me, there is none! besides, i love surprises. ;)

btw

I paint NOW and not in the future! LOL :)

snip LWGuru

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
i don't care what VIZRT does.
Very odd, you could try and start a poll..
"Do you care what vizrt does or doesn´t do with your software ?"
And think about what the outcome generally will be "in the future"

I can understand you may comfort yourself by that approach, but I am also thinking such perspective it is mostly a comforting blanket of illusion for somethin that is out of your control, but that said, I can not tell you how to think and how to feel, if it works for you so far..it´s all fine, just my thoughts on what I think about the human psyche (in general)
Of course I can be wrong on such parts, I have ellaborated on the thoughts around that anyway.

You paint now and not in the future? well now the logic is a bit confusing, besides..you have to plan for painting, purchase or manufacture yourself, as well as to what to paint..
even if it´s a zeptosecond :)
You said earlier you don´t paint cause you do not have time, right now, so how could you be painting now, and you
said you would wait for the future, til you are at the old age, doesn´t sound as you live as you learn.

I think you are fooling yourself really, and simplifying
complex mechanics to more comfortable illusions that you
do not need more advanced tools.

about anythings existance and performance, it´s about
how it endures through time.
Brushes, oil colors..and yes even digitial software has
to stand the test of time, as for a brush and oil colors, it requires
the brush to withstand the pressure, the friction and not
loose it´s strands and have the same quality, if not..you would need
to find another that can do them for you, or do yourself, and that will
come with requirements.

Same with oil colors, if you can not get the delicate mixing to the right
color, you would need to invest a lot of skills and time to get to the right pigments.
so brand and manufacturers matters.

If your art is dependent on what clients require, then the consequence would be that you
would need software than can carry out such requirements, that is why they make 3D software in
the very first place, and continues to work on it.

You can fool yourself in to thinking that I can do most of the stuff required for this 2021 block buster, with
lightwave 6, in the same time or faster, and same in realism or better, with that than with lightwave 2020.
The logic simply doesn´t add up, not by my standards anyway.

And what would you do without VDB development, would you still just go for the hv blobs?
Just don´t fool yourself by making smoke mirrors that software development doesn´t matter.
It may work for you for quite some time, but not all the time..the span of your career isn´t enough
to measure that though, and besides, it´s not like you haven´t updated is it.
If it matters not, then you should´t have the need to update at all, that my friend ..is simply put very
simple to conclude.

But this is of course only my perspective that I think the "live in the now" is nothing more than an illusion
you are draping as a veil on to your time schedule as an comforting concept that makes you happier not
worrying about what may come, but whatever works for you.

All this said...
Please, don´t take my perspective that things doesn´t sound right, as if "this is not the way to be a human" or how to be you..it´s all up to you of course.
I reckon I talk to much about psychological approaches in our lifes, so forgive me for that, I know it can be too much, and given your productivity..you don´t have time for this and should be simulating all the time instead.

:alien:

Last edited:
Top Bottom