Vertigo plugin 64bit conversion

djwaterman

Hi people.

Vertigo is the beautiful and useful plugin written by Andy Nicholas, it is great for use in car rigs to simulate the suspension of the wheels in relation to the ground topology.

He has kindly located the source code and passed it on to me as I want to re-birth it into a 64bit version for use with LW 10.

This plugin is too cool to be allowed to die and should continue to be part of Lightwave's future.

Is their anyone out there who would like to reverse engineer the code to make it 64 bit compatible?

I don't write code, I just want to see this plugin for use in 10 64bit. I'm relying on the community to make this a reality. Can anyone can help?

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Send it over and I'll have a look at it: michael(dot)wolf(at)db-w(dot)com .

Cheers,
Mike

djwaterman

If I send it to you and you're successful, would you allow the plugin to be free, because it is at the moment and that should continue. I only ask because you are a commercial enterprise (but if db&w ends up being the home of vertigo it could mean more visits to your site).

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
If I send it to you and you're successful, would you allow the plugin to be free, because it is at the moment and that should continue. I only ask because you are a commercial enterprise (but if db&w ends up being the home of vertigo it could mean more visits to your site).
Oh, sure. That's how we deal will all free plugins that we port...

Cheers,
Mike

djwaterman

There was a reason I couldn't use sticky for the same function, I think it had something to do with a parenting relationship in my car rig, there was some reason, I may have to do a test using sticky to confirm if my memory is correct on this, but if I could've just used sticky only I wouldn't have needed to use Vertigo. In my rig I use sticky for the car body, but the wheel contact nulls use vertigo.

Here's where you get the plugin.
http://www.andynicholas.com/?page_id=158

Last edited:

vector

Lightwaving
There are sticky, vertigo and even motion texture. I´m not sure what is the best at certain moment. I suppose you should try each of them...

Anyway, I´m very interested in the development of the 64 version of this plugin

Vector

vector

Lightwaving
Well, Vertigo does the same as sticky on a unparented mode but it can do anything else: on parented mode it constrains a car wheel to a suspension rod and you can limit the wheel movement according to the vehicule´s suspension geometry (word for word the companion pdf of the plugin)

Vector

djwaterman

Yes, you will find there is a difference, and according to Andy Nicholas, he had plans for adding even more functionality, when he searched his archives he came up with at least 3 versions of the source code. I ended up taking the one that was released because it was what I was used to. Alas he moved to other software some time back and that's why there was never any update. I hope Mike can do the conversion, I'd really like to make use of LW 10.

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Development of the 64 version of this plugin would be cool:)
Working on it... unfortunately it seems to require more than a simple re-compile. Which essentially means that I actually have to look at as well as (even worse) understand the code ;)

Cheers,
Mike

djwaterman

It's true, Lightwolf sent me a version that was working, but with problems, so we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck Lightwolf.

universalpenman

Hello Lightwolf Just wondering if you can do the same with a plugin I have, its a 32bit & I would like to us it on LW10 64 just let me know if you can work with it :)

Top Bottom