Using latest Vue with Lightwave 2020

Katherine

Vue says you can render Vue scenes in Lightwave. But how??
I have installed the plugin, and can load the scene. I can see the objects. I can save objects so I have the geometry, but no materials. But the scene doesn't render.
Is this because it needs certain settings?
Has anyone tried this?

Vue says you can render Vue scenes in Lightwave.
hi
where does it say ? couldn't find that info.

back in the days you could i think, but not with the newer versions. afaik.

Katherine

The Eonsoftware site says:

VUE can be installed both as a standalone package, and as a plugin for 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema4D or LightWave. With the included conversion tool, VUE scenes can be rendered with any renderer such as RenderMan, Arnold, Octane, VRay Next, Corona, etc.​

So, I'll check on Facebook, but I tend to think it should work. The problem is probably that I only have the trial of Vue at the moment.

prometheus

REBORN
I think that was similar to poser to lightwave, lightwave serves as a host and you can set up camera, lights and some objects ..but rendering still happens in vue, for vue items, and vice versa.
Probably some of that if not all of the workflow that Rob Powers utillized for Avatar pre-viz, and virtual sets.
the version able to do this was with the Xstream plugin.

Below..article with rob powers and the initial stages of creating model assets and rigs for that, and some talks about the intergration with Lightwave and also Xstream.

Xstream, gone now, but looked alright back then. And eon Vue took a "break" leaving angry users behind. (sounds familiar?)

hope Rob is doing alright btw. He either vanished or is working behind the scenes, so to speak.

prometheus

REBORN
hope Rob is doing alright btw. He either vanished or is working behind the scenes, so to speak.

I hope he is ok as well, and I am definitely curious on where he landed?
as of interest in what other 3D artists are doing with projects, provided that´s the stuff he got back in to.

I was wondering if he got back with James Cameron for more avatar work or similar, nothing on IMDB since
2009, though that doesn´t necessary say anything about him working behind the scenes or simply not credited for it.
Or just some other work which perhaps isn´t in the limelight so to speak.

scallahan1

Still...Absolute Amateur
I still have VueXstream2016 but haven't used it in awhile. I remember it was always a pain rendering from Lightwave. I think I remember the scene being completely whitewashed out until the render was done. Made it difficult to work with. Just doing amateur stuff myself anyways.

Steve-o

Top Bottom