Use of splines in Clip Edit/Posistioning

creach

Cranky old man
Being able to pan 'n scan without rendering is cool.

I hope T[3] includes a "smooth the move" option. Or at least some kind of ease in/out.

Dan's 2¢

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
creach said:

I hope T[3] includes a "smooth the move" option. Or at least some kind of ease in/out.
Dan's 2¢
Many of us have been begging/hoping for a LW-style multi-channel graph editor for all parameters since early beta days. It could be somewhat less complex than the LW equivalent, but the basic idea would be marvellous.

Wouldn't it be nice, for example, to simultaneously see the levels for all (or selected) audio tracks color-coded along a timecode graph, and to be cut/copy/paste and adjust the spline nodes in that panel?. Or to choreograph video layer motions, levels, color correction, etc. in similar fashion using variety of spline adjustment tools... <sigh>

creach

Cranky old man
Yeah!

Yeah...that's a teensy bit o'overkill, but it would be great, Steve.

Dan

Hey, how are things in T-O town? I'm a Hamilton boy, myself.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Re: Yeah!

creach said:
Yeah...that's a teensy bit o'overkill, but it would be great, Steve.

Yeah, it could be simplified a bit -- little need for so many different types of spline control, for example. But being able to view multiple channels like this is way more powerful - i.e., faster - than simply tweaking each one independently (though even that would be an improvement over current usage). And being able to copy and paste keyframes is big, too.
creach said:
Hey, how are things in T-O town? I'm a Hamilton boy, myself.
Snowy ... though nowhere near as bad as the Northern US. I'm a Northern boy myself, and consider Toronto to be sub-tropical. Where I grew up, we considered everything south of Huntsville to be pretty much the US. (It ain't cold 'til the snow squeaks underfoot) :p

creach

Cranky old man
Re: Re: Yeah!

SBowie said:

Snowy ... though nowhere near as bad as the Northern US. (It ain't cold 'til the snow squeaks underfoot) :p [/B]

Yeah, that's what my mum tells me. ...And the snow crunches in southern Ontario, too! (we just don't have a drawl) ;)

And, here's another idea...how about a button (in motion builder) that would center (with correct pixel-dimensions) the current object?

Dan

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Re: Re: Re: Yeah!

creach said:

And, here's another idea...how about a button (in motion builder) that would center (with correct pixel-dimensions) the current object?
I like it :)

Top Bottom