Upgraded MAC OS and Lost Material Presets

PixelSculptor

Hello,

My OS and version of Lightwave maybe so out of date that there may not be a good solution but I wanted to ask. A couple of years ago I needed to buy a new (used) MAC. Even though it was used when I was making the move to this used MAC I had to upgrade the OS. I was careful to make sure that the hard drive version of Photoshop Creative Suite I own would be able to keep its functionality since that is what I mostly use and I hadn't been doing much 3D modeling with LW. Well yesterday I finally opened up LW to tinker around on an old model. I'm rusty at remembering where all the tools are but I am slowly remembering and getting the hand of it again.

I know that there is always a risk od losing functionality when moving to a "new" OS. It appears that the modeling tools seem to still be working ok (so far) BUT I've lost almost all my preset materials! I can find one or two way down in the Application folder but they don't show up in the preview window, I can find them one by one by using the "load" feature but I have to apply them and then render them to actually see what they look like.

Given the details of my OS and software version is there anyway to restore the materials functionality? Do I have my setting wrong? Or did I cross an incompatibility threshold and lost the materials functionality from being normal.

Iknow i'm running old software on an old machine but I hope to be able to use this a while longer of possible.
Here is what I'm using:
Lightwave - Ver 11.6.3 Build 2737 (Mac64) 30-Apr-2014
OS X El Capitan: Wer 10.11.5
iMac: Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

And I'm including a screenshot. Notice the Lock on the Surface Preset window.

Thanks for any ideas of how to fix this if it can be fixed.

LW-Preset.jpg

Markc

ack ack
Select default surface and presets should unlock.

Do you have another build installed you can copy the presets from?

PixelSculptor

I've tried doing that but haven't have any success. I can find those materials one by one to load individually but still not seeing them in the material presets window. Now when I do it the little "Lock" is gone but the materials still don't show up.

I've screwed around swapping folders so much I'm not even sure that the correct folder configuration is. I'm wondering if a full uninstall and reinstall would maybe fix all of this? I'm not sure Ver 11.6.3 is still online or where to find it.

PixelSculptor

Select default surface and presets should unlock.

Do you have another build installed you can copy the presets from?

GOT IT!!! Thanks Markc! I had attempted to do what you suggested but it hadn't worked, however since you suggested it I thought I'd have another look at what I had done.

I just went through the file structure again and noticed that as I was copying the folder from one location to the other I had added the word "copy" to the name of the duplicate folded so I wouldn't accidentally screw up or delete the original folder. I removed the word "copy" from the folder name and now I can see all the materials again.

Thanks Again for motivating me to have another look!!!

Top Bottom