upgrade Build 7-7-210722 NDI Version 5.0.2.0

Thorvardur

I just upgraded to the latest version on my TC1
Build 7-7-210722 NDI Version 5.0.2.0

I did upgrade the Nvidia driver prior to installing the TC1 update, to version 471.41, dated 19.July 2021

Now I can't select source inputs nor send to Progam/Preview

Any ideas?

pauldinggov

We are having the same issue. Updated to new build, updated NVidia drivers. Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated as we have a live production in the morning. thanks,
IMG_2949 (1).jpg

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
I would really appreciate a clear description of the problem. You are getting output, and it switches as expected - but no video (o config menus?) on the viewports?

pauldinggov

Correct. We can right click on the camera boxes and pull up the configure pop up to view camera presets, access device webpage, etc. As you can see in the pictures, the cameras are not showing in the live production screen. However, we are getting output from the TC-1 and we can switch and control the cameras with the USB control panel. So, the cameras are on and working, we just cant see them from the tricaster. The screen on the left is the program view. Sorry hope this makes it clearer.

pauldinggov

We have done the Nvidia update, windows update, no changes. I am going to pull in my IT dept. between meetings today. We have three we have to live stream. At least that is still working.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
We have done the Nvidia update, windows update, no changes. I am going to pull in my IT dept. between meetings today. We have three we have to live stream. At least that is still working.
What I was trying to determine was whether the update was a factor in triggering this condition. But I think you are saying the problem arose before you updated ypur gfx card driver?

Bo_Soerensen

I just upgraded to the latest version on my TC1
Build 7-7-210722 NDI Version 5.0.2.0

I did upgrade the Nvidia driver prior to installing the TC1 update, to version 471.41, dated 19.July 2021

Now I can't select source inputs nor send to Progam/Preview

Any ideas?
I have the same problem but no solution.
However, be aware that your other external monitors - NOT the main monitor - are working properly. Then set up your external monitor so you can see what you are doing. It is a temporary solution.

FineBlend512

Yep, on an Elite 2, and this firmware update completely borked our main program monitor. Good thing we have 4 monitors and can still see program out on our main interface monitor. Preview doesn't seem to be affected.

For anybody else who's having this issue, using at least three monitors allows you to kind of work around it. This is a pretty epic fail on Newtek's part, especially because there has been zero public response.

TVguy

We're experiencing the same issue on our main output monitor, (ticket # 458287 ) no sources are displayed other than the GUI info (same as picture above). We have updated BOTH , no change. How do we roll this back to something useful? We have a major production tomorrow and this update screwed that up.

FineBlend512

So we were able to fix the issue, hopefully, this helps some folks. I reinstalled the Nvidia driver as a Clean Install and then reinstalled the tricaster firmware update.

After a hard reboot, everything is working again.

rcamburn

FineBlend512, did you install the Nvidia driver thru the Tricaster upgrade page, or manually download it?

Our TC2Elite got hosed by this too, where can we download a prior version to roll back?

FineBlend512

FineBlend512, did you install the Nvidia driver thru the Tricaster upgrade page, or manually download it?

Our TC2Elite got hosed by this too, where can we download a prior version to roll back?
We didn't roll back, just go to this page: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx and choose the same settings as my attached image. After you download the driver, on installation choose "Custom" and tick the little box that says clean install. After that reinstall the latest tricaster firmware and reboot.

Edit: After you tap the search button, download the first "Game Ready" driver on the search results page. (Without Geforce Experience obviously)

Attachments

• nvidia.png
    nvidia.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 72

rcamburn

This did not work, I did not see anywhere to select the first game ready driver for a Quradro RTX 4000 in our TC2.(it was worth a shot)
Our temporary work around is to install a third monitor & send all the useless stuff to that.

Thanks & have a great day!

FineBlend512

This did not work, I did not see anywhere to select the first game ready driver for a Quradro RTX 4000 in our TC2.(it was worth a shot)
Our temporary work around is to install a third monitor & send all the useless stuff to that.

Thanks & have a great day!
I thought all TC2's had the same graphics card? did you guys do a custom upgrade? I wasn't aware you could even do that on a TC without it catching fire in the middle of a show.

Top Bottom