Updating item/object transformations in Layout

darkChief

What is the best way to update object transformations per frame in Layout. Assuming I wanted to intergrate a simulation engine (physics, dynamics, something like bullet etc). Is the ItemMotionHandler the only and best way? Also can I use matrix transformations for updates? I compiled the Kepler example and it's only accessible in the motion properties of each item.

Sorry for basic questions, absolutely new to LW Plugin development. Interested in building similar interface to the intergrated Bullet engine.

creacon

creacon
As far as I know it is the only way to control an objects motion.
If you only want to move the vertices you can use a displacement plugin.

What engine do you plan to implement?

creacon

What is the best way to update object transformations per frame in Layout. Assuming I wanted to intergrate a simulation engine (physics, dynamics, something like bullet etc). Is the ItemMotionHandler the only and best way? Also can I use matrix transformations for updates? I compiled the Kepler example and it's only accessible in the motion properties of each item.

Sorry for basic questions, absolutely new to LW Plugin development. Interested in building similar interface to the intergrated Bullet engine.

Top Bottom