• Dear NewTek ( now Vizrt) community,
    We are merging and updating our forum to join it with the Vizrt Forum. Here's what you need to know:
    All existing threads, posts, knowledge articles, and user accounts will be seamlessly migrated.
    Once the merge is completed, the old forums will no longer be accessible.
    We are making this move to unite our Vizrt and NewTek forums, creating a new, enhanced experience for our community members and technology users.
    We will notify you once the change has been made and the new forum is live.
    Thank you for your continued support in our growing community!

Unwelcome NDI trademark appearance in Zoom Meetings

JAS378378

Since updating to NDI Tools Version 5.0.3.0, I now have the NDI trademark appearing solid in my Zoom "Video" window whenever I select "None" in "Webcam Input" or it will flash for about 2 seconds to everyone viewing when I "Start Video" in Zoom, then go to the video feed. Is there a way to disable this? It is very distracting!

NDI-Zoom.jpeg

OK, thanks. I can replicate that here. I didn't notice it before because I pretty much always have a source assigned in Webcam Input. I'll look into this.

An additional note: When using Zoom and when I do have a source assigned in Webcam Input, and then toggle between "Stop Video" and "Start Video" I get the same NDI trademark image for 2 to 8 seconds before it will actually "Start Video." Wish I could post a video clip of that happening so you could see how frustrating that is!
In Webcam Input I have cameras from PTZOptics and many smartphones and tablets using the NDI HX Camera app. Using any of these if I Stop and Start Video in Zoom I get 2-8 seconds of that NDI trademark image.

I have not seen this when toggling video off, although I don't do it that often. The difference may be that the sources I supply to Webcam Input are typically full bandwidth NDI, which may connect more quickly. I tend to use FTB an switch sources using a TriCaster supplied to Zoom rather than the Zoom video toggle, but will take a look at this.

Responding to note that I have a similar issue. I am using OBS as the "Source" of the NDI video feed. My use-case is not as extreme, I only get 1-2 seconds of the NDI logo to everyone I am presenting to when I first start the virtual camera. This happens with any video sharing, such as Teams, Zoom, etc. For my use-case, the delay is not an issue, so if it was just a solid black screen instead of a logo, that would be an acceptable solution. I get several comments every time it pops up when presenting to large groups.

It's back now in version 5.5! The NDI trademark appears in Zoom with every change of camera and every start of "Start Video"! No audience should have to endure that!

As seen in the attached screenshot, I and the Zoom participants see this every time I switch or start a camera. This Problem was fixed once before in an upgrade and needs to be fix again!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-04 180920.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-04 180920.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 162
I don't recall it ever having been 'fixed' (it's not really a bug, this was by design). That said, I don't disagree that it's unwanted. Let's see what happens.

Whether a fix was announced or not, I don't know. I do know that since NDI version 5.0.10.1 it was no longer happening. Now with version 5.5 this Zoom bombing is back on Windows, and not on Mac!

It happened for me in v.5, too. Not sure why your experience would vary, but I believe you.

I found it interesting that in the "Change List," when referencing NDI version 5.0.9 it says, "The NDI Webcam tool will no longer show an NDI logo when connecting to sources. This makes the tool better for people who are using it in production." That was an acknowledgment that it takes away from the event or production. When was it decided to put it back? Are they going to get it out of the way? Is there a way to have it not show up?

Typed the following query into "The New Bing" or Bing AI: "hide NDI trademark logo in OBS, Zoom and Teams"
Bing AI gave the following response:

"There are a few possible ways to hide the NDI trademark logo in OBS, Zoom and Teams, depending on the situation and the settings. Here are some suggestions:

- If you are using Zoom Rooms, you can disable the NDI feature from the Zoom web portal, which will prevent the NDI logo from appearing in the video window².
- If you are using Zoom Meetings, you can hide your profile picture in the meeting, which will replace the NDI logo with your initials or a generic avatar².
- If you are hosting a webinar in Zoom, you can customize the webinar branding settings, which will allow you to add your own logo or banner to the video window, covering the NDI logo².
- If you are using NDI Tools, you can try to update to the latest version or uninstall and reinstall the software, which may fix the issue of the NDI logo flashing or appearing solidly³.
- If you are live streaming the meeting in Zoom, you can add a live streaming watermark, which will overlay your own logo or image on the video window, hiding the NDI logo².
- If you are using Teams, you can enable or disable the NDI feature from the Teams settings or permissions menu, which will control whether the NDI logo appears or not⁴.
- If you are broadcasting the meeting in Teams, you can use NDI or SDI technology to send the audio and video streams to your local network, where you can use other tools to edit or remove the NDI logo⁴.
- If you are using OBS, you can use the NDI plugin to capture the NDI video and audio sources from Zoom or Teams, and then use the OBS filters or sources to hide or replace the NDI logo⁴.
- If you are using the NDI Webcam Input tool, which converts the NDI video stream into a virtual webcam feed, you can select the tool before you launch the Zoom Room or the meeting, and then choose the NDI Webcam Input as your camera source, which will hide the NDI logo¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 2/13/2023(1) Using Network Device Interface (NDI) – Zoom Support. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061903532-Using-Network-Device-Interface-NDI- Accessed 2/13/2023.
(2) Unwelcome NDI trademark appearance in Zoom Meetings. https://forums.newtek.com/threads/unwelcome-ndi-trademark-appearance-in-zoom-meetings.164905/ Accessed 2/13/2023.
(3) How To Broadcast Teams Meetings Like a Pro with NDI and OBS. https://petri.com/how-to-broadcast-teams-meetings-like-a-pro-with-ndi-and-obs/ Accessed 2/13/2023.
(4) NDI in Zoom: Deep Dive - StreamGeeks. https://streamgeeks.us/ndi-in-zoom-deep-dive/ Accessed 2/13/2023."

Note that within the actual Bing AI response hovering over or clicking the superscripted numbers will give options to go to the references.

Yeah! The NDI Changes NDI 5.6.0 information states "The NDI Webcam tool will no longer show an NDI logo when connecting to sources. This makes the tool better for people who are using it in production."

You're welcome. ;)

(For some future version, I've suggested allowing the user to use a custom image, as well as this black option.)

Back
Top Bottom