Unable to edit virtual sets that came with TC1?

NVTV_Justin

Hi there,

Just got the Virtual Set Editor software, which I figured I'd be able to use to edit existing virtual sets that came with the TC1, but when I attempt to Open and Browse to those files, they can't be chosen. The only sets that can be chosen are the ones that came with the software currently existing in a "Content" folder.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here, thanks!

jcupp

Grizzled Veteran
The VSE doesn't actually edit existing virtual sets it only lets you build new ones. It does include files for some of the existing sets that you can modify but not all of them.

NVTV_Justin

The VSE doesn't actually edit existing virtual sets it only lets you build new ones. It does include files for some of the existing sets that you can modify but not all of them.

I see... Thank you for the reply. That's really disappointing to hear though.

I guess there is nothing on the VSE page that specifically says you can edit existing TC1 sets but, at the same time, there isn't anything saying you can't, and I kind of feel the name of the product alone implies, if it's a virtual set, you can edit it. From a product design standpoint, it doesn't make sense to me why Newtek would make a Virtual Set Editor that's not capable of editing the sets that your customers are utilizing on your switcher. Instead, Newtek's thinking here is that they'll force me to make it all up from scratch, or allow me to edit only a select few sets I've never seen before (and don't fit the theme I'm going for)? Makes sense.

NVTV_Justin

Which one are you trying to edit?

I have two I'd like to edit at the moment:
- Corner Talk
- City Loft

City Loft in particular has a really badly placed lens flare that ends up right on the talent's head. Being able to remove that was one thing I was hoping to utilize the VSE for.

Edit: I just noticed City Loft is available to choose in VSE. Somehow I missed it. At least that's one I can edit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom