Trouble with 1080p on my TC1

BjörnBerg

Hello.
We are having trouble with our Sony PXW-X70 cameras and the 1080p signal. We have new Roland 3g-sdi cables that work with other cameras. But we only have black screen on the tc1 with our sony cameras. Does anyone have the same problem?

Stream

We have the same cameras without an issue. What setting to you have on the inputs on the Tricaster?
What output settings do you have on the camera?

kanep

NewTek SE
3G-SDI signals can be in 'Level A' or 'Level B' formats. Sony often defaults to Level B, while most other products use Level A (like NewTek products). Check the camera setting to change the output to Level A.

BjörnBerg

We have the same cameras without an issue. What setting to you have on the inputs on the Tricaster?
What output settings do you have on the camera?
OK, Output is at SDI 1080p and recording is xavc 1080p50mbs.

input on tricaster is auto or same as output on camera.

Need to find the level A button on the Sony Camera.

Stream

Go to your video out settings, set it to 1080i. It will show up them. If I have mine set at 1080p, it doesn't show up, even in an 1080p session. Set at 1080i it will show up in a 1080p session. Crazy, but it's worked that way for me for years. Oh, we're on AE2

Stream

I have to edit most of what we shoot anyway, so if I need no fields as the end product, I just render out the edit that way. You can also record an .mp4 from the tricaster if you want. I'm more of a make it work then technical minutiae guy. If it adds an extra step is better than it not working.

Top Bottom