Tricaster 860 won't start

IUPtech

I did a system restore on our 860 this week after I had some issues during our last football game. I had it running every day this week creating new sessions for football, basketball and commencement, which we cover tomorrow. It's housed in a 12 RU road case and mobile. We set up this afternoon for tomorrow's production. I fired up the UPS, but pressing the front panel power on button on the 860 did nothing. The LEDs on both power supplies are amber, with a red one below to the left of power cables. I can't recall if the LEDs should be green without firing the unit up. I pulled it, popped the top and looked for obvious things such as a connector popped out, which could have happened during transport. We are careful during transit. Fortunately I had a 460 in our TV station that I pulled to get us up and running. My question is, are the LEDs on the power supplies amber or green when power is applied, power supply switches on, but Tricaster not turned on? Secondly, any suggestions what to look for Monday when I get back into this?

kltv

Power supplies lights are all amber when there is power coming in to the supplies and the system is off. On startup, the individual power supplies should go green (or red). The lower left light should also go green. It goes red if either of the two power supplies are bad.

A couple of things to check...

- There are individual power switches on the top of both supplies. If both happen to be off, you'll be amber everywhere but the main power switch on the front of the TriCaster will not do anything.

- I'd check to make sure the front power switch is connected on the motherboard. I've been in a TriCaster before doing something else and noticed those connectors had almost worked themselves all the way loose over time. I think that one is in the middle of the motherboard near where all the SATA cables come in. But it has been a while. Probably a little black connector labeled PWR or PWR SW or something like that.

I've also had one or two fail to boot up because they were really really cold or RAM had worked itself loose. In those cases you still get some power activity when you hit the switch, just never the yellow HD activity light. The other three go green. If you aren't even getting those, my suspects would be the power supply switches, the power switch cable or maybe just a bad power supply all together.

Kris

IUPtech

After checking some things, I decided to cut the cable ties and re-seat the RAM. Pushed the power switch and it started right up.

Tranmidi

Power supplies lights are all amber when there is power coming in to the supplies and the system is off. On startup, the individual power supplies should go green (or red). The lower left light should also go green. It goes red if either of the two power supplies are bad.

A couple of things to check...

- There are individual power switches on the top of both supplies. If both happen to be off, you'll be amber everywhere but the main power switch on the front of the TriCaster will not do anything.

- I'd check to make sure the front power switch is connected on the motherboard. I've been in a TriCaster before doing something else and noticed those connectors had almost worked themselves all the way loose over time. I think that one is in the middle of the motherboard near where all the SATA cables come in. But it has been a while. Probably a little black connector labeled PWR or PWR SW or something like that.

I've also had one or two fail to boot up because they were really really cold or RAM had worked itself loose. In those cases you still get some power activity when you hit the switch, just never the yellow HD activity light. The other three go green. If you aren't even getting those, my suspects would be the power supply switches, the power switch cable or maybe just a bad power supply all together.

Kris
Dear Kris,

I am in charge of maintenance for Tricaster 860 for Paliarment House of Vietnam, I have the similar problem, Some other people was try to reset the mainboard but nothing happen. Do you have any suggest for thing may happen like lose all bios parameters and damage the CPU, RAM. I am also see the broken plastic (VGA holder)

Thank you in advance .

Tran.

Stream

Tran,
This thread is almost 4 years old. You might get better response from people if you made a new thread that specifically stated your particular issue.

Top Bottom