Time and schedule based Macros

stephenwyker

It would be amazing macros could be triggered by either incoming LTC or internal clock, along with being able schedule hourly, daily, weekly, etc. I know there are various external devices to do this, but most are clunky and not as dynamic as just using the macro window!

stephenwyker

A lot of our shows are pretty much timed. so being able to just have it trigger based of TOD or event better LTC, would be amazing (and almost like I'm in a big kid studio!)

fgolman

I've done this using an external computer running a script that pushes a command to the TriCaster at a specific time. So, it is possible but takes additional effort.

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

Thanks Fritz. Indeed possible with external code, Actually I did not understand why there was a mention of any script in PA. Actually, PA does not change anything on this matter.

Jerome

dhodlick

There is no script allowing this, even in PA, as far as I know.

Jerome
Maybe there's some confusion. LSC doesn't let you run anything off house-clock, but it does let you run things off the script (which is what I said). If you program your script in Live Story Creator (part of Premium Access) you can automatically execute macros according to script elements in your show - just by running the prompter script. If you don't have anyone reading a prompter, then create a doc that is your show rundown, or simply a list of commands you want to fire off at certain points in your show and have at it. This makes the TC function pretty much exactly as most newsroom automation platforms. Its a bit clunkier and less elegant than some of the frontline software packages, but once you figure out how to program it, it works quite well. This functionality includes macros and automations, as well as just about any other functions that the device is capable of. If you start your program at a certain time (usually top or bottom of the hour), attaching a macro to house-clock is less desirable than attaching it to the rundown. I'd rather be in control of whatever happens during the show instead of something firing off on its own. But different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

dhomas

software developer
We've had Date/Time scheduling and macros for NewTek products since VT, all models of TriCaster, even for LiveText. There's still nothing easier than our macro technology for controlling not just NewTek products but most anything including PTZ cameras, recorders, streamers, CG, lighting, mixers, and much more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom