TC2 Has Very Loud Fans. Any solutions?

angoliam

Because of COVID we did not get to put hands on the TC2 before we bought it. The fans on that system are crazy loud and it is a problem in our Control Room and it will be a problem when we take it on location. Has anyone found a solution?

Ideenplantage

It's a problem on location for us as well.
We recently have been in a small conference room and they almost kicked us out because of the loud fans.
Any solution?

Stream

Tricaster fans can be loud. We put ours up an blocks and have a small fan blowing at the unit.
This seems to have fixed most occurrences of the loud fans.

stephenwyker

They make noise canceling enclosures (that aren't cheap, but nevertheless) -- We put our NC1s and NAS into it. Rackmount solutions has some good ones.

angoliam

Thanks for the recommendation. I searched their site for noise canceling but did not find anything. Is there a particular model that you are using that has helped? We would like it to double as a transport case if possible.

stephenwyker

Sure. Here is the 12U

Like you we do experience loud fan noise on one of our TC460 AE3 unit.
Is the noise constant or does it vary?
If it vary, could it be system performance related.
For us the problem is not the fan but hight CPU usage wich make the fan go faster and generate more noise.
Looking at the performance info in the UI, we found that even in a session on Idle mode the CPU run at 30% and when streaming CPU can go up to 55%.
At that level of usage the fan get very very loud.
If it's performance related You may have a look at this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...-cpu-usage-wmiprvse-process-regular-intervals
Maybe someone from Newtek can comment on that

angoliam

The fan noise on the TC2 is LOUD!. However when it is being worked, it is VERY LOUD! There has to be fans that are quiet that we can use to replace these fans. They are unacceptable in a control room and in a meeting room. I am hopeful that NewTek will come up with a fix for this issue.

angoliam

Did you replace the fans in the front and back? Was it a big difference? Did NewTek help with specking out the right fans? I'm hopeful that NewTek will provide a fix for all of us soon.

jcupp

Grizzled Veteran
I replaced the case fans with Noctuas and it made the TC2 a little quieter, the CPU fans seems to still be pretty loud. Probably voids the warranty though.

FalkRuda

Did you replace the fans in the front and back? Was it a big difference? Did NewTek help with specking out the right fans? I'm hopeful that NewTek will provide a fix for all of us soon.
We replaced the fans in the front. It´s Standard Computer Hardware.

dhodlick

I bet you could move over to liquid cooling and some Noctua fans and it would be nearly silent. The VS 4000 and the TC1 combined make a hell of a racket

Top Bottom