TC2 and Avid Artist Mix

kanep

NewTek SE
The Avid Artist Mix is not supported on newer systems (TC1, TC2, Mini 4K). It might work, as the EuControl driver support hasn't been removed, but it also hasn't been tested for newer systems.

angoliam

I think I found a way to make it work, but it just may be one of times it works. Please don't remove this feature. It is a very important part of our work flow.
Thank you.

fgolman

Although you've made a big investment in the Avid controller, you might want to consider replacing it with something newer and better supported, a midi controller like the Behringer X-Touch universal. With https://centralcontrol.io you can do a lot more than the Avid.

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

angoliam

Thank you for the suggestion Fritz. However we just don't have the budget for another control surface right now. We spent more then we budgeted for to get the TC2 and Control Surface. I'm just glad the Artist mix seems to be working now.

AdamKempenich

Thank you for the suggestion Fritz. However we just don't have the budget for another control surface right now. We spent more then we budgeted for to get the TC2 and Control Surface. I'm just glad the Artist mix seems to be working now.
Which version of the Artist Mix software/Driver are you on? I’m scratching my head about how I got it working the first time — since I’m getting it set up for a clean install on my new TC.

@fgolman I’ve been playing around with CC (side note—sent you a DM on Facebook about those button labels) and will be toying around with getting it to work with the Artist Mix in Mackie mode, although the native integration sure was slick.

angoliam

I am using the most current 20.5 (http://www.avidblogs.com/whats-new-eucon-20205/ ) But what has worked for me is to make sure Avid Artist Mix is turned on when you start the TriCaster. Then go into Windows before you launch your project and make sure that the Eucon controls (there are 2) are both running and in the tray next to the Windows clock. While you are in Windows, make sure that your Firewall is turned off. Now launch back into the TriCaster and start your project. I know I don't have to do this, but I also plugged the Avid Artist Mix Ethernet port into the second Ethernet port in the back of the TriCaster 2.

I hope this helps. I know how much I need mine to help with single man productions.

Top Bottom