TC1/VMC1 V2 (7-0) and Premium Access Released

webslave

Since we are talking about playing around with the interface, I'd personally love it on a TC1 if I could get something like this:
Tricaster Interface Mockup.png
Since there's three MV outputs the third (not pictured) would be a standard MV. That way with the screen full of DDRs (with useful counters, and always-visible bin selectors) I could give the keyboard/mouse to an assistant to line my clips up for me. Therefore my interface and multiview are for me, and from the interface I can see all the info I need on one screen.

Lolaaa

Hi guys,
I'm discovering this new V7 update on my TC1s. I'm trying to adjust to its new features and design step by step. I just have one little question for now.
What is this icon ?

Capture.PNG

I've seen it on the DDR "control panel" and also on the Newtek browser but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the documentation (maybe I've been too quick :D)

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
This button enables multi-select mode. It's really only of much use if you are running on a touch-screen.

Lolaaa

Thanks you so much for your reactivity ! If I understand it well it equals a drag and select when you're running touch screen mode ?

mzafrany

Since we are talking about playing around with the interface, I'd personally love it on a TC1 if I could get something like this:
View attachment 143378
Since there's three MV outputs the third (not pictured) would be a standard MV. That way with the screen full of DDRs (with useful counters, and always-visible bin selectors) I could give the keyboard/mouse to an assistant to line my clips up for me. Therefore my interface and multiview are for me, and from the interface I can see all the info I need on one screen.

I love your design.

Allow me to take it one more step. Allow to select the DDR/GFX full control as an option in any MV box.

TTFNTV

Steve,

The ability to lock the interface layout so it can't be changed. My clients have multiple TD's coming in to run productions - they are not TriCaster experts at all. They want the interface to look exactly the same each time. It would be easy for someone to change the interface layout either by mistake or deliberately and then the next day the new TD doesnt know what he is looking at. So a checkbox hidden somewhere to say the interface cannot be resized, switched to simple mode etc.

Have already discussed this with Andrew but with nearly all the other critical gear I install (encoders, decoders, audio consoles, multiplexers, transmitters etc) there is an option to update and switch between 2 different versions of the firmware/operating system. I know with the FPGAs it is not so easy but having a way of switching between two versions of the software would be really useful. Take the current version you could start training/testing on it, but switch back to the previous version until everyone was trained AND it had been tested thoroughly. In the end to end workflow from studio to the antenna only two pieces of equipment don't allow you to do this - the cameras and the VMC1. All the other audio and video gear have this capability.

Mark

Last edited:

Jeff211

Steve, Just read your post.

I have a question about part of it.

"The actual V2 software upgrade (a.k.a, 7-0) is separately listed under TC1 and VMC1 headings labeled "Version: 7-0-181017". This is a free (and massive) upgrade for TC1 and VMC1, even without Premium Access."

I am to take it that we do not have to have the paid Premium Access account to install this and use some of the items.

Reason I am asking is that we have just received our new TC1. I did an upgrade to the latest version for TC1.

And what will it add to our TC1 without the paid service?

Tks,
Jeff

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
This is an obsolete thread, sorry. Premium Access is no longer on offer, and as far as I recall, its features are included in both TC1 and TC2Elite. In any case, if you're up to date there is nothing to add.

Top Bottom