TC1 Update Software - Corrupt Files

martycg

Hello

Trying to update the software on our TC1, but when I try from the update menu, it ends up saying the download files are corrupt. This keeps repeating, even after a power cycle. I've seen that others have had this issue on the forum, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks

FrankPW

or other source to get the latest TC1 stuff is the NewTek Products Software and Update page @https://www.newtek.com/downloads/

martycg

Thanks, I'll watch the video...
I'm just trying the update now from /downloads and I'm getting this error.

/hxdriver/x64/avcodec-NDI-58.dll
An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
Delete file failed; code 5
Access is denied

martycg

I just had to go back and try it again and then it worked....

AND NOW IT'S ALL GONE!!!!

The computer rebooted after install and now Tricaster is completely gone???? What on earth!
Where is it, what happened, why can't this program do a simple update???

What do I do now?

FrankPW

fyi - never got/seen this error message on my/a TC1 from day one of this Tricaster model (Apr´17) on my end.

Think to remember I saw this message on an end-user´s TriCaster during installation in error of another TriCaster model SW Update onto that system.
TriCaster SW had been not installed on system as well doing a reboot after this error message .
Had to do a factory resore on unit to get the system back to work and do all the WIN10, Nivida, TC SW Update stuff then up from factory resore image creation date, as there was no user backup created ahead, which member ´Stream´ already suggested above in this thread to create do before starting a new SW Update process.

rwzahora

I also got the same error message as martycg when trying to update a TC1 from 7-4-210311 to 7-7-210823 using the download from NewTek's product update web page. Also mentioned were other ndi dlls such as avformat-ndi-58.dll, etc. While the TC1 software was deleted during the failed update, I was able to re-install the old software from backup.

I would still like like to update our system. Do I have to install the two intermediate updates first before I can install 210823? Or is some other procedure necessary?

martycg

Our program record has frozen ever since this update. The Tricaster has run normally, only to find out afterwards that the 2hr record file has frozen 3/4 of the way through. This is so disappointing.

rwzahora

Regarding my TC1 update attempt, the update was successful after first manually deleting the five files in c:\program files\NewTek\TriCaster\HX Driver\x64\. No idea why the installation program couldn't do this in the first place since it was run as administrator.

DarrenWhitley

Our TC1 has repeatedly had issues recording. Sometimes it works, other times not. I've made a new session but the issue appears to persist. I'll roll back to an older version I guess. I have restored the machine and installed the 7-0 Legacy version which indicates this must be a bug and not a hardware associated issue with my TriCaster.

Last edited:

martycg

How do you roll back to an older version? Do you need to have done a backup? I don't see any previous versions on Newtek's website. Is there any way to go back without doing a system reset?

We've made a new session as well, still freezing on record. Thanks

DarrenWhitley

How do you roll back to an older version? Do you need to have done a backup? I don't see any previous versions on Newtek's website. Is there any way to go back without doing a system reset?

We've made a new session as well, still freezing on record. Thanks
It requires you restore the machine entirely AFAIK and then choose the version you download from their downloads. I chose 7-0 instead of the latest version.

martycg

Which link do I click on if I want to install a legacy build? I'm guessing it's one of the top three, but would it be the .exe file or one of the other two?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.54.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.54.50 AM.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom