TC 8000 CS WONT COME ON - POWER GOOD TO SYSTEM

SWTV_LIVE

Hey, All i cant get my tricaster fo fire up. I've had this issue before and cant remember what process we used to get it to come on

any help very much appreciated

kanep

NewTek SE
Your session title says 'TC 8000 CS' but the main post appears to be talking about the computer. Which is it?

For the control surface, if you press the 1-3-5 buttons on the CS preview row for a second, does anything on the board light up? (you can cycle power to reset back out).

For the unit itself, if you hold down the power button for 10 second, does that help? Do the lights on the back of the power supply light up when connected to power?

SWTV_LIVE

Your session title says 'TC 8000 CS' but the main post appears to be talking about the computer. Which is it?

For the control surface, if you press the 1-3-5 buttons on the CS preview row for a second, does anything on the board light up? (you can cycle power to reset back out).

For the unit itself, if you hold down the power button for 10 second, does that help? Do the lights on the back of the power supply light up when connected to power?
Well, Both are computers , But yes Im speaking about the tricaster unit. Found a source in atlanta that repairs computers/ tricasters that are out of warranty. who trouble shoit the unit and found the most common thing with this model is newtek put the cheapest mother board they could find into this 30K system a darn Asrock H77. since ive been a tricaster purchaser im shocked at the parts list in these units .

They've got to start putting quality parts in these units to run their amazing proprietary software. we're considering buying the new 4k sports system tthyve cone out with and very reluctant at the same time .

Due to our discovery of a cheap parts list that's sure to cause system failure at the worst time. The broadcast streaming industry has become more legally volatile for operators and production companies in todays streaming television world

Newtek has to take this into consideration the position they are putting their customers in with cheap parts to maximize profit

Thanks for the reply

SF Media Group

Well, Both are computers , But yes Im speaking about the tricaster unit. Found a source in atlanta that repairs computers/ tricasters that are out of warranty. who trouble shoit the unit and found the most common thing with this model is newtek put the cheapest mother board they could find into this 30K system a darn Asrock H77. since ive been a tricaster purchaser im shocked at the parts list in these units .

They've got to start putting quality parts in these units to run their amazing proprietary software. we're considering buying the new 4k sports system tthyve cone out with and very reluctant at the same time .

Due to our discovery of a cheap parts list that's sure to cause system failure at the worst time. The broadcast streaming industry has become more legally volatile for operators and production companies in todays streaming television world

Newtek has to take this into consideration the position they are putting their customers in with cheap parts to maximize profit

Thanks for the reply
Can you share information for who you used for the repair? What did it cost to get it working again?

Stream

Thanks for the reply
The System is almost 8 years old.....

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
and…………
I'm guessing, but I think that might have been noted in response to the comment re: "a cheap parts list that's sure to cause system failure at the worst time" ... there are an awful lot of 8000's out there, many for years and years, and suspect early failures attributable to components 'sure to fail' might have shown up long since.

SWTV_LIVE

Yes they both are computers , I had to replace the Motherboaed which was a task to find

I used Tech Genius Atlanta Ga.

Got the board from Matt Drabick, South Carolina a referral from newtek

SWTV_LIVE

Only thing is now there’s a series of drivers that you will be searching the world to find. Right hdmi display not getting BG a signal
NDI Poe cameras not connecting

so I’m back and forth with newtek email customer support to try and get the system back in reliable production operations #smh

anyone with knowledge on these two areas please provide input

all feed back is absolutely appreciated

Leonardo

Top Bottom