Tally Lights

bbeanan

Las Vegas Toaster
I got 50 boards made up but Jim C beat me to get a working product so I am letting him take the tally solution as there really isn't enough people looking for a solution to merit more than one person building a solution. Not to mention I really do not have the time, which is why I did not have something already done.

...and I think the tally problem may be solved soon by Newtek anyway.

stranirumori

Tally light over fiber optics

yesssss.... You understand well!!
I-ll post some photos tomorrow!
We work with Atem Camea Converter with a 4 fiber Cable,
2 for Atem, 1 free, and one for the tally light!
You can light on your tally light from your Tricaster.... 600 mt tested!!
See you tomorrow!!:thumbsup:

stranirumori

Here a smart preview for Tally on Fiber Optics

Work in progress....:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Tally on Fiber.JPG
    Tally on Fiber.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 528

PIZAZZ

NewTek System Integrator
Work in progress....:thumbsup:

Nice idea. So are you just connecting the actual light coming down the fiber into the LED cover on the end? I gotta say sometimes the simpliest ideas are the best. I have been racking my brain and working on a solution for doing tally with ATEMs and Tac cable but I never thought of something so obvious. BTW Where are you in Italy?

stranirumori

Yes...Just Light...No complex encoding decoding peripherals!!
We are setting up for a small production. Low price.
My friend is an engineer that lost the work, so he want to try a different way to survive
:thumbsup:
I live in Italy, but i travel all around the world with Andrea Bocelli, the Italian Opera singer.
Thanks for your compliments!!

Attachments

• IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 425
  • IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 320

PIZAZZ

NewTek System Integrator
Yes...Just Light...No complex encoding decoding peripherals!!
We are setting up for a small production. Low price.
My friend is an engineer that lost the work, so he want to try a different way to survive
:thumbsup:
I live in Italy, but i travel all around the world with Andrea Bocelli, the Italian Opera singer.
Thanks for your compliments!!

Thanks for the pics. That is outstanding. Tell your engineer friend, "Great Job!" or "Prego, Prego" I believe that is right. :) I spent a week in your fine country last year around this time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't wait to get back.

I have always wanted to see Bocelli live. When are you going to be back in the U.S.? You are a lucky guy to be working with such a talented person.

stijef

tally (audio + led signal) over FIBER

I'm one from those who is looking for tally system…

So far we have been used Metasetz tally system with TC455, but it doesn't fits our needs anymore because we are moving to optic fiber.

So basically I'm looking for the solution that will allow us to keep both audio tone and light signal coming to cameramen over, not Ethernet cable anymore, but now over one or two fibers in a optic cable?

Seems stranirumori’s solution is closest to what I need but not sure does it carry audio tone (operator's voice) also?
Would appreciate if you could point me to some system working with NewTek’s machines, working over fiber cables and carrying both audio and light to the camera. Thank you in advance for your reply and any help.

I 'm wondering with this move, can these devices be used still, I mean with fiber and new setup?

1.png

2.png

n9103h

George Collins
What is the production status? I was thinking of just make a system for my vt5 so I came to the forum to see if there was an existing solution. I was going to make an LED system separate of the cameras in use. Not wanting to have to get a frequency license I was going to make a light weight wired system. Is there something that exists? I know this is an old subject and thread.
thanks

George

jcupp

Grizzled Veteran
metaSETZ tally controllers are still available for the VT. We have VT software for the TLC-4S, 8S and 6S controllers. These use Ethernet style cable.

Give Digital Arts a call at 800-692-6442

Top Bottom