Streaming stops after a few seconds with Error (8) Codec/Bandwidth notification.

Liz B

New TC1 stops streaming after a few seconds with the Error (8) codec/bandwidth notification. Trying to connect with MS Stream. Watching the CPU and GPU monitors show normal to low processing and the bandwidth is fine on our internet. What am I missing? Thanks.

Last edited:

Jmcnally

New TC1 stops streaming after a few seconds with the Error (8) codec/bandwidth notification. Trying to connect with MS Stream. Watching the CPU and GPU monitors show normal to low processing and the bandwidth is fine on our internet. What am I missing? Thanks.
I have a similar codec error. Did you resolve your issue?

Mr How

I've seen this when SSL isn't enabled on the TC transmit side and the receiving encoder is expecting it. I've also seen it when the receiving encoder is not online.

Jmcnally

I've seen this when SSL isn't enabled on the TC transmit side and the receiving encoder is expecting it. I've also seen it when the receiving encoder is not online.
How would you check if the SSL is enabled? We are sending to Facebook and YouTube so I’m not sure the receiver would be offline.

FrankPW

another tip -
did you try to reduce the quality of the that TCx streaming channel manualy to a lower bitrate to find out more about current available birate on the Internet street to your CDN?
Just had a similar message in the Notification Window, knowing my (mobile) LTE router had ´slow´ connection at location connected. I reduced bitrate in Straming Setup down (while Straming botton was stiil blue and connected to Youtube) and I did not get that codec/banwith notifiction any more. This was about at 30min out of a 6+h TC2 ´stress test´ . So for me isuue was the low bandwith of LTE router connection at this current location being connected to LTE.
Well - Germany and digfitalisation ?! - hope our new goverment (hopefully sooner than after last elections) will do better on this than Angy tried during the past 16 years ;)

Mr How

How would you check if the SSL is enabled? We are sending to Facebook and YouTube so I’m not sure the receiver would be offline.
We primarily stream to Teams Live Event. So when getting the stream information, we enable SSL there. If SSL isn't enabled on the Teams Live Event side, we'll get a failure. With Teams Live Event you have to start the encoder before you can go live. If the encoder isn't started, the stream from the TC will fail.

I haven't streamed to FB in a while, so I'm not sure what their requirements are. I think they want SSL enabled and a unique stream key?

Jmcnally

another tip -
did you try to reduce the quality of the that TCx streaming channel manualy to a lower bitrate to find out more about current available birate on the Internet street to your CDN?
Just had a similar message in the Notification Window, knowing my (mobile) LTE router had ´slow´ connection at location connected. I reduced bitrate in Straming Setup down (while Straming botton was stiil blue and connected to Youtube) and I did not get that codec/banwith notifiction any more. This was about at 30min out of a 6+h TC2 ´stress test´ . So for me isuue was the low bandwith of LTE router connection at this current location being connected to LTE.
Well - Germany and digfitalisation ?! - hope our new goverment (hopefully sooner than after last elections) will do better on this than Angy tried during the past 16 years ;)
Thanks I will give that a try. So you were able to lower the bitrate while the session was in progress and you didn't have to stop and restart? That is helpful way to do it and not lose connections.

FrankPW

Hi Jmcnally,

indeed - I do know my current LTE connection can do at the moment only, i.e. around 4Mpbps. When I try to do more on TC1 I get this ´red´ notification you mentioned, but when I lower the bitrade again TC does "Start stream again with preset "YouTube Live" as Stream/Encode is still blue/on. As far as I understand there is only a certain time window YouTube still waiting for incomming stream data until YouTube will stop the live event on their end.

Attachments

• 20211016_klein.jpg
    20211016_klein.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 31

Jmcnally

Hi Jmcnally,

indeed - I do know my current LTE connection can do at the moment only, i.e. around 4Mpbps. When I try to do more on TC1 I get this ´red´ notification you mentioned, but when I lower the bitrade again TC does "Start stream again with preset "YouTube Live" as Stream/Encode is still blue/on. As far as I understand there is only a certain time window YouTube still waiting for incomming stream data until YouTube will stop the live event on their end.
So our stream starts with 5 minutes of a still graphic. Are you thinking that YouTube fails because this is too low? If we went with moving video off the top that YouTube would keep going? This is a new problem after a year of doing it this way but kinda makes sense as to how YouTube is acting.

FrankPW

Did some test beside backoffice work on my TC2 trying to duplicate your issue.
Streaming a still image from DDR to YouTube. This morning 1,5 hour, right now streaming again for more than 30min, all fine
On a TC2 (7-7-210823) installed

Jmcnally

Did some test beside backoffice work on my TC2 trying to duplicate your issue.
Streaming a still image from DDR to YouTube. This morning 1,5 hour, right now streaming again for more than 30min, all fine
On a TC2 (7-7-210823) installed
Thanks for checking. I did a test stream for 40 minutes and all was good. Now if only the real thing acted this way.

Top Bottom