Star Wars animation

Planeguy

Rendered in ol LW 9.6 some years back. Just finished color grading it. The lens flare effect is a mix of LW flares and photoshop (I wanted to get a similar anamorphic flare effect as in the original film).

It's not perfect, but oh well.

scallahan1

Still...Absolute Amateur
It's looks freakin' awesome enough to me. Great job. Crazy render times back then? I really like the starfield as well. Do you remember how you approached that. Subscribed to your channel for inspiration. :)

Steve

Planeguy

Thanks Steve! Appreciate the subscription also.

Render times weren't too bad. I don't remember exactly how long each render took, but I think it was around the minute mark (SD res). I also had a basic 3 spot light setup to improve render times. I had a very slow computer.

The star-field is a background render of one of my "tycho2" star particle projects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IlVM9zrW0w

scallahan1

Still...Absolute Amateur
I had forgotten how a decent starfield should look. I've been playing with the age old Star Sphere button in LW. Works in a pinch but it's nothing special. :sleeping:

I'm gonna find where I've hidden my StarPro plugin and load it up right now. I'm inspired. :cool:

Thanks,
Steve

Planeguy

Starfields are a lot of fun to play with. I almost bought the plugin years back, it's great but decided to try a different cheaper approach haha.

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
The only thing wrong with your animation is......

IT'S TOO DAMN SHORT!!!

Thanks for sharing an excellent example of LW's capabilities.

Brilliant work sir.

Planeguy

Thanks Shabazzy! LW is indeed a very capable tool still! I'm learning octane and more things to try to get the most out of it.

Top Bottom