SPEEDEdit Video monitor shows only black UGH !

DaveO

Hi All,
I have been running SE2.0 lastest update (the greatest video editing software to be discontinued) for many months on my Alien 18RU. A recent Windows update killed the video output to the SPEEDedit monitor, (the virtual monitor). I can see my files, etc in the file bin including the images, but when dragged into the time line they do not show up in the monitor. This has happened three times in the past week. After the first two I restored to an earlier point in time and all was well. This last time Windows update erased all my prior restore points. Any idea as to what may have happened. One update was for Silverlight, several others were for Windows Visio and the balance were security or MS Office updates. I'm uninstalling them one by one and have turned off auto update, etc., but still have not got my virtual SE monitor back, UGH ! Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

If Windows 10 would be OK with SE I'd take the free upgrade but right now I just need to get back to work.

DaveO

Richvideo

SE Moitor Issue

Hi All,
I have been running SE2.0 lastest update (the greatest video editing software to be discontinued) for many months on my Alien 18RU. A recent Windows update killed the video output to the SPEEDedit monitor, (the virtual monitor). I can see my files, etc in the file bin including the images, but when dragged into the time line they do not show up in the monitor. This has happened three times in the past week. After the first two I restored to an earlier point in time and all was well. This last time Windows update erased all my prior restore points. Any idea as to what may have happened. One update was for Silverlight, several others were for Windows Visio and the balance were security or MS Office updates. I'm uninstalling them one by one and have turned off auto update, etc., but still have not got my virtual SE monitor back, UGH ! Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

If Windows 10 would be OK with SE I'd take the free upgrade but right now I just need to get back to work.

DaveO

Do you have SE version 2.6.2 installed? Try updating all your drivers especially the graphic card driver---Driver Booster is a great utility that locates and updates outdated drivers on your system
http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

DaveO

Thanks for your suggestion(s). I ended up reloading WIN7 Pro and re-installing the few pieces of software I use on this system. I'm back to work but kinda bummed out that something happened just after a Windows update which cause this issue. Hopefully with Win Update turned off I will not see this again.
Regards,
DaveO

Tony R

You know that you can uninstall updates in Programs and Features? You also could have done a system restore to the restore point before the update and saved yourself some time.

DaveO

Thanks for your reply. The auto update deleted all prior restore points. There was nothing to restore to. Uninstalling the recent updates did nothing.
I'm back in business although it took a bit.
DaveO

Tony R

I never heard of an update that would remove all previous restore points. Are you sure that you checked the opion to show more restore points. Uninstalling the update should have solved the issue. Sounds like something else was going on but as long as you are back up and running, that's what matters.

DaveO

It was a first for me also. I've been able to find workarounds for most every PC related failure or fault I've encountered but I'd just created a restore point the evening before. I had work to get out and as there were gremlins at work I thought it best to reclaim my system from it's beginning with the dreaded but needed reload of software. Thanks again.

Top Bottom