Sparks as adaptors

Maestro196

Is it possible to run two Spark Plus 4k's as a standalone transport system? One to encode the feed from a camera, a length of network cable to the second set as a decoder connected to a monitor. I tried and thought I had it set up right but either it isn't possible or I have some settings wrong.

kanep

NewTek SE
Are you talking about direct connect between units? That should work, but you would need to setup static IP addresses in each unit in the same range, you also might need a network cross-over cable. I've not tried connecting until together like this.

Typically, you would connect them into a switch. I've used this route to send a signal from one Spark into another.

Maestro196

I have set up static ip on both devices, one is set a encoder and one is set as decoder. Encoder has a blinking green light, decoder nothing. When I connect an hdmi source to the encoder and use NDI video monitor I get a screen of video static. I have put a network switch in the middle and the units are seeing each other but I am not seeing anything coming out of the decoder. I can't run studio monitor as I'm on a Mac (don't understand that decision) but I can access both devices setup pages through the network and by direct connection to the Mac.

Top Bottom