Some fun with Fracturing and Endomorphs...

scallahan1

Still...Absolute Amateur
Oy,

So I blame this little diddy on the Hawaii Film School guy again because he keeps making these easy little tutorials that I can't resist messing around with. His tutorial is here: Poor Man's Explosion in LightWave

I made mine slightly different and had lots of fun doing it. Doesn't take much to amuse amateurs. :)
Mine is here: Playing with fracturing in Lightwave3D 2020

Sample: Fracture.png

Steve

BeeVee

ex-LightWave documentation
The reason your explosion seems to implode at the start is down to the keyframes for your morph. Have a look in the graph editor - you don't want your line to go below 0. I'll tell you more if you need it ;)

B

scallahan1

Still...Absolute Amateur
The reason your explosion seems to implode at the start is down to the keyframes for your morph. Have a look in the graph editor - you don't want your line to go below 0. I'll tell you more if you need it ;)

B

Hah! Knew someone would catch that. I purposely chose -10% on the first frame cuz I liked the weird look of it. I also like the Image Filter/Vector Blur I added as well. Saves me lots of time messing around with motion blur somewhere else. It worked great. I plan to do the whole scene over again now that I learned these new tricks. Can you believe this was my FIRST time playing with an Endomorph AND that graphy thing-a-ma-jig? Never ventured into those areas before.:p

Steve

Top Bottom