Show your LW2018 Test Renders

Snosrap

Here are my first final renders of 2018!

This is a conversion from LW11. I had no problems converting the materials because i was using material nodes in LW11

All the project was done using Delta node, Dilectric and Conductor.

I had add one environement light to get rid of the noise and fine tune the only light for this project.
The majority of the lighting was done using gemometry with luminosity so i converted them from standard to Principle shader.

This is straight out of LW2018 no photoshop! 45 min to 1:15 min per frames (1864X2400 pixels)

I wait for your comments:)

Cheers the new Renderer is just fantastic

Is there an unknown artifact? See image.
Final_Render_001.jpg

Photogram

Hardcore Lightwaver
Is there an unknown artifact? See image.
View attachment 139137

Yes i know my model have many bad polygon because that is a converted model from solidwork. The converted model has so many triangulated polygons... It's a lot of work cleaning all theses polygons. I maybe need to remodel or retopology the watch but didn't had enough time for this..
My solution was to reduced the smooting angle to the minimum but some polygons still appear wrong in the renders so i just decided it will be faster to just do Photoshop retouch after the render.
Theses LW2018 render where not retouched in photoshop so there are many of these bad polygons in my renders.

Asticles

Very nice renders. I know it is a product shot so everything has to be sharp but could you add some DOF (just for fun)?

On my part, quick (only a couple hours of tweaking :D ) interior test render. White walls and no splotches, no colour bleeding, extremly happy overall.

Thanks for your test. Why 100% and not 50%? It seems that chairs have lost the contact shadow. Maybe some ambient oclussion multiplying in the ceiling and floor...

Regards

Photogram

Hardcore Lightwaver
Here are the bad polygons.

I didn't find a tool or a trick to repair that rapidly..

I notice that with the new opengl and renderer theses polygons are more visible than in the past.
With the old renderer i was able to hide these polygons simply by reducing the smooting angle but it seems something has changed and i think the future models will need to be modeled with more attention.

Snapshot_1.jpgSnapshot_2.jpg

bazsa73

crispy bacon
FFX test - LW10.1 scene reloaded

Hi everyone,
I really wanted to see how FFX behaves and I'm mighty pleased with it.

1: It doesn't crash. I tweaked a lot with VPR on all the time, sometimesit's lagging but no crash.
2: I like the fur quality, it blends well with the rest of the scene unlike earlier when it looked like az an alien entity.
I forgot the render time but it was smg like 3-4 minutes on a 3 years old dual xeon 12 core setup.

Attachments

• SquirrelLW2018toylike_V01.png
    SquirrelLW2018toylike_V01.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 1,520
Very nice renders. I know it is a product shot so everything has to be sharp but could you add some DOF (just for fun)?

On my part, quick (only a couple hours of tweaking :D ) interior test render. White walls and no splotches, no colour bleeding, extremly happy overall.

Very nice! I can't wait until I'm done the current project I'm working on so I can do some tests like this.

bazsa73

crispy bacon
Substanced spaceship

Another quick test, materials and textures made in texture painter. Still have to figure out some settings as I simply plugged textures into their respective slot
in the node editor. Have to figure out what are the best settings. Spec/Metallic confuses also as it should be either this or that imo. Whatever.

Attachments

• LW2018spaceshipPBR.jpg
    LW2018spaceshipPBR.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 1,100

IanRT

test render

Lots of fireflies but will remove somehow.
Or maybe pretend they are stars !
Modeled in Rhino

Depth_Charger.jpg

Snosrap

Here are the bad polygons.

I didn't find a tool or a trick to repair that rapidly..

I notice that with the new opengl and renderer theses polygons are more visible than in the past.
With the old renderer i was able to hide these polygons simply by reducing the smooting angle but it seems something has changed and i think the future models will need to be modeled with more attention.

View attachment 139140View attachment 139139

Oh yeah - that won't cut it in a hi-res render. :)

wingzeta

Just a tiling rust texture (PBSDF) on a car. Using only the Environment light with the background hdr. Default render settings except GI turned off. 1 min 39 sec. On my rusty old laptop.

2018_texture_test02.jpg

jakuzaa

Thanks for your test. Why 100% and not 50%? It seems that chairs have lost the contact shadow. Maybe some ambient oclussion multiplying in the ceiling and floor...

Regards

You are right, I focused too much on the clean walls & ceiling. It is a shame that Interpolation Softness can't be set for each object, it is global only. 50% is a good compromise.

wingzeta

A couple more of the rusty car. I'm liking 2018. The render is more realistic, with less effort, as it is meant to be. I can't wait to try some more things out (denoiser). A lot of tread left on those tires. I meant for them to be closer to bald, so they would match the car, but just kind of threw the texture together for the test.

2018_texture_test04.jpg2018_texture_test05.jpg

2create

Testing out character textured in Substance Painter. Not having to worry about fresnel like effects sure makes for cleaner nodes :)

Attachments

• PBR_bot_2015-2018.png
    PBR_bot_2015-2018.png
    848.7 KB · Views: 169

zapper1998

Michael Nicholson
This is a Brute of a model, 9 million poly's +

Manitowoc 31000 Crawler Crane, employs an innovative self-supporting counterweight. This feature, called the Variable Position Counterweight system, minimizes the crane's footprint and ground preparation.

Could not think of anything to toss into LW 2018, so I loaded this Model in, that I decided to do some more work on.

31000 Manitowoc_003_LW_2018.png 31000 Manitowoc_LW_2018.png

Mike

hypersuperduper

My first little test animation. No real plan just playing with stuff, and when I do that I just make silly monsters. From unadorned box in modeler to animated squishy dude. start to finish in lw2018. Some lazy compositing goofery in Aftereffects mostly to test render buffers. skin shader on monster (started with the hulk skin Preset and made some changes), and rubber Preset on the ground. Took way too long to render, but I'm still learning the ins and outs. deformation seems much faster and smoother now at least.

The rubber material is a noise magnet apparently. Samples out wazoo to get rid of noise.

Top Bottom