Second try...

warrenwc

Is there anybody.....
OUT THERE?

Total Rendition. The bug from the Bugboard tut. Edited the texture & put it in a photo.
Working like a charm(a SLOW charm(Did I mention: it's slow?)).:)

Last edited:

Mitja

I'm not a squirrel!
Yeah, somebody is out here... :thumbsup:
So, a question: is it possible to edit textures (UV) of the lwo object directly in PS, to see changers in realtime? (probably a n00b question, but I don't have rendition!)
Do you work on a P4? Then sure it is slow!!! Don't get me wrong, one of my machines is a P4 too, and it's 4x slower than an amd4800+.

jasond

Y, it's possible to edit UVs in Photoshop...

That's a strength of the software. Can't edit the other surface characteristics, though.

warrenwc

Yeah I know I'm still in the "Stone-single-core-age":)
I'll stop harping on the speed but most people using Photoshop are used to a progress bar or even a spinning hourglass.
When you say OK to a dialog in Rendition, the box goes away & you just have to wonder until something starts happening.
You CAN edit the textures in PS but you need to save before you see it, since you're essentially editing a layer of a smart object. So I don't know if you'd call that "real-time" but since you can just make the old texture an unseen layer & work on a copy in a new layer, it can be totally non-destructive.

Mitja

I'm not a squirrel!
When you say OK to a dialog in Rendition, the box goes away & you just have to wonder until something starts happening.
Yeah, I agree with you, this sounds very annoying.

You CAN edit the textures in PS but you need to save before you see it, since you're essentially editing a layer of a smart object.
Cool, but annoying too, without saving would be much better!

warrenwc

Cool, but annoying too, without saving would be much better!
I'm not sure how you could accomplish that in Photoshop- but since you can have as many layers as you want & just turn visibility on or off for each, you can have many different versions.

Top Bottom