screamernet content....

GraphXs

GraphX
I finally got snet working at work...but does anyone know how i can get it to look at different directory? I have it setup making the lw folder the shared location. Including a sncontent folder there. But i want so share a game folder on a different drive. In the game foders are the games and sub folders before it gets to the lw structure. Is there a way to use those folders instead? Do i have to change all the bat files everytime i want to change the content folder? Help please!

JonW

I am sure there are betters ways to do this.

In the mean time just have a second set of bat files.

GraphXs

GraphX
I hope so...it would be strange to always use one location. I thought if i just changed the content lw directory in layout it would work. Anyone else hwve any suggestions?

dwburman

I believe if you leave the content directory part off of the lwsn command (the -d flag, I think) that the render nodes will pull the content directory from the config file (the last path set before closing Layout or Modeler... since configs are saved when you exit the app).

lightscape

I hope so...it would be strange to always use one location. I thought if i just changed the content lw directory in layout it would work. Anyone else hwve any suggestions?

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same issue with SN bat files and content directory that needs to be hardcoded with the path to find the files.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?26572-Screamernet-tutorials&p=1395548&viewfull=1#post1395548

- - - Updated - - -

I believe if you leave the content directory part off of the lwsn command (the -d flag, I think) that the render nodes will pull the content directory from the config file (the last path set before closing Layout or Modeler... since configs are saved when you exit the app).

I deleted this entry from the bat files but SN could not find the files and rendered blank.

Top Bottom