RPF format

Meaty

COOOL!! I got the Fog and DoF Blur working today!!!!!

RPF is cool....

I seemed to have a problem identifying objects and surfaces though... I know they were checked off in the extended rfp saver.

I have a simple scene with a car driving down a road, and i wanted to add highlights to the scene... only problem, it highlights the white lines in the road too...

do i need to render the car in a seperate image sequence?

or,

*should I be able to identify the object ID and use that as an inverse mask for the highlight?

Last edited:

policarpo

vitamin junkie
grrrrr......:D

very cool.

i know i'm just missing a flow node or some dern switch....

i wish it were covered in the der docs ya know. :confused:

Meaty

hey policarpo... try right clicking on the flow node that is giving you problems and switching the inputs. I think the green arrow is the backround, and the orange arrow is the forground... I was having a problem today and that fixed it.

Or just post a pic of your flow!

edit: it sure is fun to hack through this program with other people

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
Perfect flow everytime :)

Best way to allways make sure your flow is going in the right flow.
Right click on a empty flow space.
Add loader and choose the RPF file/seq. your want as the background.
Now click right click on the RPF that you just added.
Select add loader.
Before it allows you to select the foreground file/seq., DF will make the proper merge by droping the merge tool and connecting it for you automaticly.
Now select the file you want as a foreground and bingo.
Perfect comp :)

A few tips that I hope can help without images to show what I'm talking about;
Always de-select adaptive sampling before you render.
If you plan to do anything to a surface, then make sure you give it a UV map.
Make sure for your test, you do not name all the surfaces DEFAULT (sounds dumb I know but I did it).
For making the fore cast a shadow onto the background that will conform to the backgrounds depth Z, render a plain old TGA32 file/seq. for the fore. I have not figured out how to get the RPF fore image to cast a depth conforming shadow properly and the flat TGA works great.
*[Casting a shadow deffinetly needs a tutorial as it involves a lot of things to understand but once you understand, a light will light up in your head and you can go to town]*
Hit the Z button on the viewer you have your background on and see if you have a grey scale image showing the depth. If you do not then switch back to color and just move your mouse over the area you want the depth map to merge as LW's scale factor comes into play here. I think the lights in the LW scene have something to do with how a depth map's grey scale comes into play from the RPF saver in LW.
Ohhh...RPF or DF or LW are not super acurate or are super acurate with the depth tool in DF and I'll explain.
If you want to create a depth merge of a ball that will go between a box and the wall in the rear of a room and you render out the room with box as RPF and then render just the ball in TGA or RPF.
Then using the flow methode I described (right click then right click) DF does not have enough depth field to do the merge or it's so acurate that it know the ball does not fit in 3D space.
So make sure your 3D space is big enough to not get stuck with this.

Take care,

liquid light

I've managed to get some very simple UV surface replacement working in DFX+ but now I"m having a problem with a more recent test.

I've modelled a sphere, making one half transparent. I've made the bisection a poly, so I can UV map an image onto the bisection poly, visible through the glass half of the sphere. Basically, a quick n dirty cockpit.

This all renders as expected in LW. I export the 90 frame sequence as extended RPF images sequences.. all buffers are exported. Adaptive sampling disabled.

The problem is when I get it into DFX+, I cant select the image poly inside the sphere with the Texture tool. It keeps selecting the glass part of the sphere in front. Using the sliders doesnt help either, its as if DFX doesnt even acknowledge the existence of the imagemapped surface inside the sphere.

Anyone have this problem? Solutions?

liquid light

I dont understand, Jose,

I dont want to 'rotate' the image.. just map it on to the surface. But the PICK dropper wont 'see' the surface behind the glass. Is there another way to select it?

Adrian

Top Bottom