Hello everyone,

With which macro can a DDR be renamed ?

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Fred

kanep

NewTek SE
Here is the macro command.

ClipRename.png

Change the prefix (ddr1, ddr2, gfx1, etc) to the media player that you want perfrom a rename on.

The 'clip_index' is which clip to edit in the media player. 0 = Clip1, 1 = Clip2, etc. Negative numbers will start from last clip of the media player, so -1 is the last clip, -2 is two clips back from the end.

The 'alias' is the name you want for the clip. In the above example, the last clip in DDR1 will be renamed to 'Clip Rename'.

john1298

That looks familiar! :)

Here is the full macro I use. It Changes the angle, updates the thumbnail, then sets the name. This is applied to which ever clip I have selected. I am using clip alias of -1 and its changing the name of the clip I have selected in the DDR.

Thank you so much for the screenshot, everything is clear!

imryh

Hello.

Is there any way to make the DDR clip names sequential, or maybe include a timecode or time of day in the alias?

Thanks.

Imry

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Not having had time to read all that came before in this thread, I do think you'll find the section on "Using Variables" in the latest edition of the Automation and Integration Guide useful.

Hello.

Is there any way to make the DDR clip names sequential, or maybe include a timecode or time of day in the alias?

Thanks.

Imry

Do you mean while doing clips during ther show for replay? If so you can go into each camera input you are doing replays of you can set variables that are set for comment and name and use the datalink variables such as: Cam 1 - %time%

This will use the current system time when you create the replay Ie: Cam 1 - 13:21 for 1:21 PM

I used to do something similar but used the clock time (for sports that have a clock). I used Scorezbot XML app to generate an XML and place it in the datalink folder over the network to the tricaster. This gave me the clocks and any variables as a datalink variable. I was then able to get replay clips with the game time which was helpful.

Top Bottom