Relativity expression module / ask a professor / DR.Wheel rotator

yep, never had the time to explore it ...

more advanced than OD Vehicle Rigger, but ODVH looks to be faster to set up.

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN

snip LWGuru

Trade secrets ...blah, please Rene, since it seems you know how to steer something, please make a roadmap for lightwave and vizrt 🛣️ 😁
Maybe advanced expressions is needed as well for the rigging of the development team😇

Nice staging of the cars anyway there Rene, I don´t know how to steer a car at all, haven´t got a driving license either despite my age of 55, hate cars generally with some exception for some designs, but other than that..just like kids, they sound to much, they stink, they are dangerous.
If I ever would sit in the steering seat, it´s most likely this would happen...

but now... Zzzzz... 6.00am

prometheus

REBORN
but now... Zzzzz... 6.00am

6.00am.? Blah..Im in to 7:51am now, and I am not gonna stay up to see the daylight.
Finally I am at that stage in the image you posted.
😪
been messing some hours with procedural rock materials in lightwave, need to work out many more for my assets.
Though it all started out with sculpting elsewhere, then OD copy since I prefer using Lightwave for that kind of texturing.
If by any chance you happen to be awake, now it´s Goodnight for me anyway, no more posts for 8 hours.

LightWaveGuru

Trade secrets ...blah, please Rene, since it seems you know how to steer something, please make a roadmap for lightwave and vizrt....

the vehicle from your example video looks like you never launched your own bullet rig on a car?
That's the vehicle from the LW Content, isn't it?

And what does a bullet rig have to do with the rig I showed? Exactly! Nothing at all!

Therefore.

As for the bullet and vehicles, you now create a rig with two trailers at the back of the vehicle
and then we'll see how your knowledge of the bullet so look.

you can also do it in Render Gender Blender. Show us! I am looking forward to it. :)

BTW

"... since it seems you know how to steer something, please make a roadmap for lightwave and vizrt..."

The task is too simple. Don't you have any difficult tasks for me? ;)

snip LWGuru

prometheus

REBORN
the vehicle from your example video looks like you never launched your own bullet rig on a car?
That's the vehicle from the LW Content, isn't it?

And what does a bullet rig have to do with the rig I showed? Exactly! Nothing at all!

Therefore.

As for the bullet and vehicles, you now create a rig with two trailers at the back of the vehicle
and then we'll see how your knowledge of the bullet so look.

you can also do it in Render Gender Blender. Show us! I am looking forward to it. :)

BTW

"... since it seems you know how to steer something, please make a roadmap for lightwave and vizrt..."

The task is too simple. Don't you have any difficult tasks for me? ;)

snip LWGuru

I don´t have the same passion as you for rigging cars, nor any real need for it.
Only done simple rigs, this was just the first try of using the content when they implemented that in Lightwave, so correct the vehicle is from lw content, didn´t rig the ragdoll either, I didn´t program lightwave either, that was newtek.

"what does a bullet rig have to do with the rig you showed?"
Is that under strict requirement? you have to look at what I said and find a sense of humour in it, also check your post nr 6 which shows a bullet car rig from you...so the
matter is under showcase in various forms isn´t it?

It´s just for fun and for showcase, not to demonstrate my skills in anyway to boost any Ego by showing you or others.

As for the challenge of rigging two trailers, I have no interest in such rigging, nor any urge to prove any knowledge of bullet dynamics...I don´t do that kind of stuff.
As for render gender blender, had I had ever so slightly interest in rigging cars at all, I am sure I would have tried it there..but I don´t, you have to look up other blender artists doing car rigs..but you shouldn´t even bring it in here and have potentional links to blender car rigs.

Task too simple? ok...make vizrt talk about if They are currently developing Lightwave, or more advanced, develop lightwave yourself ;) just to be sure we have passionate guys behind the wheels.

Search on youtube with this string if you are looking forward to see some more car rigging options ..I am not the one to ask about showcase for that since I haven´t got much interest or passion in that area...
"blender car rig"

the amount of results, tutorials etc is so much more than in lightwave, and I don´t have the interest or time to look through them all, perhaps there is one addon, or a rig setup that is equally good or better than relativity, and perhaps there isn´t...I just don´t know, car rig pro 2,1 perhaps, a new vid out on that..but I honestly don´t know and have other projects to work on before I can mustard any interest to pursue car rigging in Lightwave., I could link to vids ..but it was you who brought blender up for some reason, and if I did there would only be intolerant people starting a bashing contest again.

It may come in handy later on perhaps..who knows, I never had any use for a driving license in my whole life anyway :)..like what´s that got to do with the real 3D world :)

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
Rene knows what he is doing with car rigging, that´s one part of his skills, and that is what he should do, I think there may be a lot of work and clients that may require that.

I just got a flashback on that reelmotion plugin for lightwave, tried it a bit many years ago, I think it had a chopper option as well.

I would actually be more interested to find a plugin or tools for air vehicles, choppers, aeroplanes..and not just directing the motion paths in the air, but to have some physicly realistic motion in the driver seat so to speak.
But I think Rene would think the same, if it´s not out there, do it yourself.

prometheus

REBORN
I'm loving being called "intolerant." btw. :p

If You see yourself as the recipient of that label in reference to what I said about people being to intolerant when discussing other 3D software, then you should love it, that´s the spirit.👍

And transforming a general perception in to personal labeling, that is one way to look at it, based on earlier perceptions on oneself of course.

LightWaveGuru

I don´t have the same passion....

Somehow it's funny that you project all the problems LightWave has onto me.

Therefore again.

I could help NewTek and VIZRT.
They only need to contact me.
It has never been up to me!

And my Youtube channel exists since 11 years. For 11 years I show partly very complex rigs and scenes. The page has about 360.000 views.
So I make my contribution to LightWave.
You or Other can accuse me of anything, but certainly not that I watch quietly whats happen with LightWave.

Therefore.

I send now NewTek and VIZRT first of all a bill for the free advertisement over years!
I think $1 million is sufficient! ;)

By the way, you talk a lot. That is not so for me.
I prefer to show many pictures. Or is this a speech therapy center here? LOL :)

I thought this is a forum for 3D graphics!

ROFL :)

snip LWGuru

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
Somehow it's funny that you project all the problems LightWave has onto me.

Therefore again.

I could help NewTek and VIZRT.
They only need to contact me.
It has never been up to me!

And my Youtube channel exists since 11 years. For 11 years I show partly very complex rigs and scenes. The page has about 360.000 views.
So I make my contribution to LightWave.
You or Other can accuse me of anything, but certainly not that I watch quietly whats happen with LightWave.

Therefore.

I send now NewTek and VIZRT first of all a bill for the free advertisement over years!
By the way, you talk a lot. That is not so for me.
I prefer to show many pictures. Or is this a speech therapy center here? LOL :)

I thought this is a forum for 3D graphics!

ROFL :)

snip LWGuru

Seriously Rene??

You have strange thoughts about my intents, not sure if you percieve me as blaming you..or if you are just fed up with irrelevant comments perhaps when there is a tease around Lightwave or Vizrt, but then you should look yourself in the mirror when You adapt that kind of tease in reference to blender.

I do not accuse you of anything...this is just you feeling awkward and having to defend something you do not have to.

There is in no way any projection of Lightwave issues on to you..this is what you project on to yourself.
When I make these comments, it´s not really of any serious nature, it´s just a tease, you should understand that, I could really care less wether or not newtek contacts you, nor if it ever has been up to you or not, which I of course know very well it´s not up to you and you do not have any influence over it..that is not anything to even argue/discuss thereby.

It is what it is with Lightwave development, I just got in to that tease mode.

I don´t talk a lot, I write a lot..that is a difference, you talk way more than me in the youtube vids, If you prefer to show pictures..don´t add so much descriptions on to them :p

You don´t have to explain or raise your ego more than necessary, I know you have contributed enourmously..it´s not that, it´s just that you seem to misunderstand my intentions By the usual asteroid flyby distance to the earth.

You thought this is a forum for 3D graphics, seriously..how so? it never occoured to me :unsure:, but apart from that, I do not see what that has to do with anything I post as out of topic in general, everyone..Including you go of topic from time to time when the mood is there, it´s just cold talk inbetween, You do not want me to drag up such posts from you do you.

If vizrt ever would contact you to create assets or scene contents, we would all be lucky wouldn´t we, but that is not the point and nothing to get stuck on, can´t figure out why you get stuck on things like that.
Go back and do your work now, as you said yourself..you think this should be a 3D forum, not speech therapy center here..the problem is that we are having an argument ..Always, and you know how that goes very often according to the rules of monthy python.

I do not blame you for anything of the situation around Lightwave..Clear?😻
I love much Of your work, not all of it...Clear.😻
I think You have awesome skills...Clear.😻

I do not agree with your views on what and how artists use 3D software...Clear.:alien:
I do not agree with your views on Lightwave in Many cases, and about Blender...Clear.👽 we have different views on many things around 3D art etc, so it should be.

I am not here to prove my ego, me as an artist etc, make a living on it, I give praise to you and these vids, your tests etc, and I am open to discuss where tools fail or work in excellence, and from time to time to help out in the forum, that is it.

Perhaps you are too sensitive about these things, I should quite the tease then, just give you a thumbs up when you post something nice again, and if not very good, not even entering the discussion, or if there is other tecnical aspects around things.

Listen, I do not know you fully, You came across like a guy who sort of tease scr...ew around in the way you talk but not with bad intent in essence, I do the same, perhaps I should not when I now see you seem to not fully recognize what I say in response to you as being just that kind of discussion of a merely tease nature, and that it is not from my side with intent to be any serious accusing commenting towards you.

For example, I started a comment with qouting your youtube vids on trade secrets, with initial "blah"...of course you have trade secrets, so you should have..it´s your business, it was just uttered in a tease manner.
So I will try and leave you at your work for some time now, so we both can focus on whatever we do ok.

And one last word, as you noticed..I write a lot, but talk not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom