Relativity expression module / ask a professor / DR.Wheel rotator

LightWaveGuru

Relativity expression module
ask a professor
DR.Wheel rotator

automated

via a separate hierarchy for car body and wheels Master Null animates car (move in z) and automates the rotation of the wheels depending on speed and distance.
the separate body hierarchy allows the animation of the chassis/car body with an extra null object.

snip LWGuru

prometheus

REBORN
You are a star Rene, your company name should be Star Tek :p

Nice car model, love that design and color.
Could you ellaborate on why you prefer manual relativity rigging, as opposed to use bullet engine with motors?
I think I could guess why, but better if you just tell us straight up, most likely a case by case choice I would guess.

LightWaveGuru

You are a star Rene, your company name should be Star Tek :p

Nice car model, love that design and color.
Could you ellaborate on why you prefer manual relativity rigging, as opposed to use bullet engine with motors?
I think I could guess why, but better if you just tell us straight up, most likely a case by case choice I would guess.

yes, i prefer bullet based car physics.
but only for single vehicles.

for vehicle masses (for example for instances) it is rather less practical.

here you can see after ca. 45 sec.

a car set up with two trailer. 100% physics. if you start the motor the hole thing would drive.

snip LWGuru

LightWaveGuru

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's so ruthless. I love it.
hehe...but No,

this is a psychological operation planned jointly with the CIA and the NASA-Guys. You know. Forbid the children to brush their teeth and they will do it by themselves and voluntarily! So my new advertising campaign is called "LightWave is not for Kids"!
You know how kids react when you tell them that it's not for kids ? hehe....
Besides, this wanting to be friends with everyone is ridiculous. i hate kids! Kids are often stupid and very cruel.

ROFL :)

snip LWGuru

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
this is a psychological operation planned jointly with the CIA and the NASA-Guys. You know. Forbid the children to brush their teeth and they will do it by themselves and voluntarily! So my new advertising campaign is called "LightWave is not for Kids"!
You know how kids react when you tell them that it's not for kids ? hehe....

I get it.

You're effectively saying, if you complain about LightWave not being as "advanced" or "as good" as other 3D software, it's because you're not smart enough to know how to use it. Prove me wrong!

That's clever.

LightWaveGuru

I get it.

You're effectively saying, if you complain about LightWave not being as "advanced" or "as good" as other 3D software, it's because you're not smart enough to know how to use it. Prove me wrong!

That's clever.

yes and No, I'm saying that LightWave is so advanced that it doesn't fit into children's brains. for example....The open vdb extensions of LW 2019 and 2020 alone are virtually unexplored. I discover new possibilities every day that other 3d programs without open vdb implementation simply don't have. (like e.g. Blender but pssst please do not tell others otherwise the blender users cry again around).

ROFL :)

snip LWGuru

prometheus

REBORN
I don´t hate kids, but I just can´t stand most of them, only a few of them that beaves, or at least how I perceive it :)
it´s probably more about my lack of tolerance for screaming, whining, and being very sensitive to sound and noise around me, I don´t go to soccergames either to listen
to the big kids screaming and whining either:)

Lightwave is not crayons for kids, that I could agree with and as such it has other demands on how to learn and not something you can learn all by yourself, but in my opinion its even easier to learn "Generally" than other free software, and is way easier than Houdini.
so I am not sure to what incitament Lightwave is easy to learn would have.

What I do is I try to figure out stuff for myself, as vdb, if I get stuck, and I am not fooling me or others that I am an engineer so I know it will happen..then there is a need for manuals or tutorials, it´s the same for Lightwave as it is for other software, lightwave is no different there.

Do not check Lino´s youtube channels and read his opinions on the status of Ligthwave today, if you do not want anything to interfere to your
positive approach to it that is .

Love your vid samples there, have seen them before at the time they were published though.💕

Edited, I didn´t get the coffee before answering, I moderated the post since I perceived somethings wrong, sorry for that.

Last edited:

yeah, lots of different options,
and i believe OD tools also has a Car Rigger.
so far i've only done small tests, but all success, so worked neatly.

agree, a magician should never show all the tricks.

Top Bottom