refreshing external files

slacker

We're using Photoshop to generate all of our lower thirds and just dropping the psd files right into the timeline. However, if I have both Photoshop and the Toaster open and make a change to a psd file that is currently in use on the timeline and resave it, the changes I make to the file will not show up until I close and reopen the Toaster. Is there any way to force refresh the graphics without manually closing/opening the Toaster? Thanks.

Joel Slack
Media Department, New Life Christian Fellowship

Scott Bates

Just Tryin' To Help...
AFAIK the only way at present is to hold down alt and drag the "new" graphic files, one at a time, onto the "old" ones (in Storyboard is easiest) - the Inherit function. If you have a lot of them it would be faster to restart the Toaster. Or can you just close that project and re-open it? I'd love to be informed there is a "refresh" keystroke, but ......

slacker

I did some testing and it appears that simply reloading the project will force a refresh of the external files (you don't even have to close toaster edit). If the project happens to be in your recent files dropdown list it's actually really easy. But it still would be nice to just have a "refresh" button and/or keystroke.

Regards,

Joel Slack
Media Department, New Life Christian Fellowship

RomainR

Are we there yet?
Here is something that you can try putting in your workflow.

Make it so that all the those graphics are easily selectable in Timeline mode.

Select all of them and delete. Then hit ctrl+z to undo the delete and all the files will be updated. Fast and painless.

You could also just select the whole project and delete then undo, if the files are hard to reach.

Have A Great Day.

Romain

Top Bottom