Screenshots from Windows showing red pixel problem:
I'm not seeing any red pixels in either the 2019 or 2020 render. When I loaded the scene into 2019, I had to manually set up the HDR image in the Textured Environment. I'm on a Mac also, if that rules out anything.Right... Ive managed to whip together the scene with a simplified stand-in object that is producing the same red pixels.
Hopefully this attachment of the scene works....
The HDRI is too big to be included and will need to be grabbed from the Wetransfer link above
Screenshots of Mac vs Windows scene to follow soon.
You have white pixels in your 2019 image.I'm not seeing any red pixels in either the 2019 or 2020 render. When I loaded the scene into 2019, I had to manually set up the HDR image in the Textured Environment. I'm on a Mac also, if that rules out anything.
I rendered the still with the original settings from Scott.You have white pixels in your 2019 image.
Thanks KryslinIt appears to be a camera / render settings issue.
Using the provided scene, I found the issue, the two red pixels.
I made it go away by setting the adaptive threshold to 0.05.
The default value of 0.01 is too low to have any benefit; It's usually a good idea to set it to between 0.05-0.10. I typically use 0.07.
Enabling despike and giving it a value of 0.2 also removes the problem.
Using GPU denoising makes it worse. I suspect you've got a pretty high dynamic range on your hdr lightprobe image.
It appears that the simplest solution would be to enable despike (found on the render properties -> Render tab, and give it a tolerance of 0.02.
@slacer - thanks for this! I didnt even know 2020.0.3 was out... Im still on 2020.0.2Yes, this was tested with LW 2020.0.3