Quadpanels detailer gets another update, and a special offer.

broken link ?

Markc

ack ack
Works by going this way

Thanks!

videos didn't work, but found this >

JohnMarchant

I have tried through LinkedIn and L3D but no response. I have his email and will try that route. It is a super handy plugin, if a little slow now. I have a repeatable bug with it though when it creates its random greebles. Not sure if James still uses LW, his LI profile say he does, but profiles go out of date.

James got back to me through LI and ive explained the problem. He said if its an easy fix he may be able to do something, if its more complicated then we will have to see.

Last edited:

JohnMarchant

I have tried through LinkedIn and L3D but no response. I have his email and will try that route.
When i use the plugin with no quadpanel already modeled with works ok. When i use it on a premade quadpanel this specific greeble come out overlapped in the center. Im using the random procedural greebles. I highlighted the points that make the quad. It seems to do this at irregular times, some work fine others are more noticeably wrong.

Attachments

• Greeble2.jpg
    Greeble2.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 69

Kryslin

One possibility: It may be an lscript issue. Quadpanels is a compiled lscript, and lscript has been deprecated. It may not be possible to fix the issue in the current lscript, which may stop working altogether in the near future. The only way I could think of fixing it would be to first port it over to Python, then see if the issue still exists.

JohnMarchant

Hi Kryslin, well i'm in contact with James and see what he can do. If its an easy fix then he said it should not be a problem, if its more involved then i don't think he has the time. LScript has not been depreciated yet as far as a know, its an LSC so maybe it just needs updating to the latest LScript. It is slow with heavy object creation but it has been for some time, i agree maybe Python or C++ would be the way to go but that's beyond my scope. It seems to be only one sort of procedural greeble that it creates, all the others seem fine.

raymondtrace

Founding member
...LScript has not been depreciated yet as far as a know...
"with the release of LightWave 2020, LScript is now officially deprecated."

While one can wonder if this means that lscript is deprecated in everything after LW2020 or if it includes LW2020, the effects of this are visible in some lscript plugins. I suspect this blog post was just an acknowledgement that lscripts were breaking in LW2020 and they were not going to put any effort into fixing the API.

JohnMarchant

Indeed that was the plan but i'm assuming after 2020. Mind you its a moot point really. LScript is still there and works as far as we know. I think this might be more of a change in LScript which has broken some. Luckily depending on your point of view Modeler got very little love in the past few years so the upside is many LScripts still work after over a decade. At least developers know that there is not likely to be any real changes in LW for some time if ever.

Markc

ack ack
Can't seem to create an error.
What are your settings in Quadpanels and is it latest version (1.53).

6BC51A95-CDE7-48F7-82A4-C90B97F3695E.jpeg

Kryslin

@Markc : In your image, take a close look at two "roof" objects up from the bottom left corner. I suspect you'll see an error. I suspect it's not the one @JohnMarchant is seeing, though. Actually looking at what he's presented, I think it's related. though.

I ran a quick test on a 10m x 10m quad, and the roof objects are 'overbeveled', if that makes any sense... beveled to the point where corners overlap.

Top Bottom