Preset Indicators for Tabs

I make a lot of use of the presets for DDR1, GFX1 etc. I have them named for the most part. I use the previous/next macros to move between the presets inside each bin. There isn't much in the UI that indicates which preset you are on unless you hover over the edge of the bin to bring up the visual selector. I think it would be great if the tabs would put the preset number/name below its name. So for DDR1 tab instead of just saying

DDR1

it would say

DDR 1
1 - Commercials

or

DDR 1
2 - Intros

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
As a workaround, could you add a title page to the DDR (probably as the first item) with a nice big font that says (for example) INTROS.

(I realize there are shortcomings to this approach, just a thought ...)

Yeah, I might look at using a buffer. I currently do that to indicate position of macros by having the macro update the image at certain mile stones. That would mean I would have to use a macro to go to the next preset vs the button per say but I might be able to work with that. Still think it makes sense to have the UI provide that kind of feedback in a visible way. It does show if you hover over the side with the mouse but that isn’t visible unless using the mouse to move between presets.

Thank you for the idea Mr. Bowie

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
I was really thinking of something less onerous to set up - just a 'big ole' thumbnail icon right in the playlist.

I was really thinking of something less onerous to set up - just a 'big ole' thumbnail icon right in the playlist.

Yep. In my use case I do a lot of replays out of the bins. In that case what ever image I had in there would go up on program and then my clips I think. I would need to program a macro to skip the first item when playing. I am also not in front of my tricaster but I could have swore that they recall each bin’s current selected clip but I could be wrong. If they do recall that would mean i may not see the indicator as hoped.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Yeah, it wouldn't work well if the first entry was scrolled out of view because your DDR playlist is loaded.

Top Bottom